Cherbourg 2004/St Vaast Posse

marklongstaff

Visit site
Hi All,

What a fantastic weekend, a big thank you to all involved in the organisation and cutter for the chance to join the trip.

Hello again to the St Vaast posse - all 3 boats who got there who met up for a superb meal.

Any news on Wild Honey? Goodge are you out there?

Trip back uneventful apart from breaking cutters gennaker pole into 3 parts in 11 knots of wind!! oops!!

In fact enjoyed it all so much I´am going to do it all again next weekend!! Cherbourg again - JOG race on a J120

I second cutters idea for a 4 or 5 day version south coast/france or channel islands with a bit of swapping.. boats and having a go at other disiplines so to speak. Burning fuel with observer or Rock avoidance techniques on the good cat wild honey..

Marklongstaff
Cutter Crew - Ayesha

<hr width=100% size=1>

Goodge

Visit site
Have commented on several threads today and thanks to you all.

We left Cherbourg 1830 Sunday got to Haslar about 0430 Monday after a brisk sail.

WH is lifted out and safely ashore. Gel coat damage, bent rudder and damged pride !

All repairable and we'll be out and about soon.

<hr width=100% size=1>

graham

Visit site
Hi Mark I also really enjoyed the weekend aboard Nicks Moody "Moondance"and will make every effort to go again.

The idea for 4 or 5 days cruising is very appealling but I wonder that this would restrict the numbers taking part .Most of us can manage a long weekend but more than that on top of all the other family/sailing/work commitments becomes less easy.

Perhaps those that prefer could extend their cruise by leaving a few days before or continuing on into the next week but with the general aim of everyone meeting up on the Saturday somewhere.

PS Goodge glad to hear it was nothing too serious .