Cheerful Alex Thomson video

flaming

Visit site
He has clearly got permission from Mrs Thomson to do it again next time and I fancy Hugo Boss are up for it too...

I'd like to think so, but you can also read that as him wanting to step into a team management/ coaching role and work with an up and coming skipper.

One way or another he'll be involved. If he's not going to be a skipper every skipper out there will be working out how to get him on their team.

TLouth7

Visit site
Intriguing how much data they are willing to share with VPLP, given that firm is likely to design competitor boats. I wonder what the commercial arrangements are in these cases.

Any bets as to what the next step forward for a hypothetical next generation Hugo Boss might be? I guess combining the inside cockpit with a more scow hullshape is on the cards, but maybe that is too conservative.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
I’m sure you are right and there will be some agreement in place to cover the data.

I’m thinking that IMOCAs don’t change that fast - they are expensive as compared to everything except the America’s Cup boats, and they seem to last several years in competition. So I am assuming that this boat after three years and eight months of tweaking and sorting in other races will be good to go next time.

flaming

Visit site
I’m sure you are right and there will be some agreement in place to cover the data.

I’m thinking that IMOCAs don’t change that fast - they are expensive as compared to everything except the America’s Cup boats, and they seem to last several years in competition. So I am assuming that this boat after three years and eight months of tweaking and sorting in other races will be good to go next time.
It's already been announced that there are 3 boats commissioned to be built, I think at least 2 are scows. I can't see Alex settling for anything other than the latest greatest... If he's got the funds...

Other threads that may be of interest