Checking out of Mallorca

Ningaloo

Northern summers on Primal otherwise Perth WA
yacht-primal.com
For anyone interested I have just checked out of EU in Mallorca. I got a bit of a run-around going to various government offices but eventually found what I needed at the ferry port terminal at PortoPi (bus 4 from Palma central).
Police office is upstairs in the passenger terminal, hours 08:00-14:00.
They needed passport, ships registration document and crew list (with all details from passports). Also stated ships log but I wasn't asked for this.
Interesting that they were not concerned about where I was going next!

Ningaloo

Northern summers on Primal otherwise Perth WA
yacht-primal.com
Actually Sardinia. Now, I know Italy is also in Schengen but I wanted to check-in there separately using a pre-Schengen bi-lateral visa-waiver agreement between Australia and Italy. As might be expected I had a few problems getting the immigration officials to understand what I was going on about, despite having a letter of explanation from the Italian embassy in Australia. The first office I tried in Alghero (little English spoken) just said I didn't need a stamp in my passport, but I tried again at Cagliari (this time in the ferry port terminal) and they did understand and stamped my passport showing entry by ship. No problems on exit yesterday (by plane) after 4+ months in Schengen.
I think that my advice to anyone needing to check in or out of EU/Schengen is to go straight to the ferry port and seek out immigration officers there. They are far more likely to know how to deal with crew from small private vessels, even though they will still ask for documentation more appropriate to a commercial vessel.