Cheapest place to keep an 18ft lifting keeler on east coast.

Tam Lin

Visit site
Thread drift here !!!!
We at Stone do get a bit miffed by this. You are encroaching on the area where our race mark has been for years & it messes up that leg of the racing when we cannot put it in the right place as it is so close to moored cruisers
One also wonders if Marconi have the right to move into that part of the river as it is beyond their original mooring zone

I didn't want to comment until I had checked the situation. Marconi buoys are laid under the authority of both Maldon District Council and the Crown Estates and their agents. Part way down the moorings the jurisdiction changes. I believe that some years ago the moorings were extended and the necessary permission obtained. The key point is that the moorings are laid in the part of the river where the club has the authority to lay them.

UncleAlbert

Visit site
Millbeach Marine Club is the cheapest by far on the river. It is drying but two and half hours each side of high water is enough to get a few miles under the keel and a nice slipway. There is even a club dinghy if needed.

and yes I do have an interest, I am a member.

steve yates

Visit site
As a fyi for future searchers, Leigh Mrina was £67 per month for walk on pontoons, it has just been taken over and are very helpful.
She is moving to benfleet moorings at £165 per 6 months, as its a walk on pontoon with power and water, and I am still doing a lot of work on her, with the added bous of the barfe gladys bar on the doorstep (when it opens again)

The real cheapest is benfleet yacht club across the way at £150 pa for a fore and aft mooring, which I'll probably take up in the future as we're looking to join benfleet yacht club and our longbow will be moored there.

Island yacht club on canvey were also quite cheap if remember, but Benfleet clubhouse is only 10 mins from our house, and has the excellent dauntless chandlery next to it, plus it seems quite active and the bar has a great outlook.

Lack of water at top of benfleet creek is obviously an issue, but the little boat wont be doing much day sailing, mainly trips, so she just needs to get out to the thames then she's on her way somewhere.

steve yates

Visit site
Have you thought of Benfleet yacht club? plenty of moorings for a boat like that & facilities that are unmatched anywhere.
Lol, I missed this at the time, but yes, and my wife and I have joined. The wee boat is now across the way at Benfleet moorings, once all the work is finished that needs power and water on hand, I'll prob sort out a fore & aft mooring for her with the bosun.