• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Cheapest place near Torpoint for a lift out and storage over the summer?

Zagato

Just need to lift out a boat with a 4' draft and store it over the summer. Cheap as possible. Thanks. Hopefully next week if yards are operating.

doug748

The cheapest is probably Lynher boatyard:

Affordable year round boat storage in Cornwall - Lynher Boatyard

However access is quite an adventure and you may prefer to pay a little more for convenience. Huggins have two yards including one in Torpoint itself. The other is at Millbrook where you also have the Voyager Boatyard right next door. Both have travelifts Huggins would give you a better tidal window to get in, Voyager have storage under cover. Both are now running.

You are looking at a ballpark 30 quid a week for a 30 footer.

Zagato

Thanks Doug, the very man i hoped may respond. I was wondering about Weir Quay but they look well set up...er top end prices but have left a message for them. I will pm you Doug!!

Zagato

It is likely it will be trailered home eventually at the end of the season so good road access important. When I had my Cornish Crabber transported a guy in an arctic lorry turned up! Treluggen looks nice...

Zagato

Trellugan Boat yard is superb, what a setting, Richard very efficient, highly recommended. Boat tucked away safe and sound for now...

zoidberg

Interesting how the Treluggan yard-operation had a lousy reputation for years, and now it has a stream of satisfied comments. I wonder who's making the difference....