Cheap winter mooring in around or not too far from pool

Shaders

Visit site
Hi I living on my boat now and trying to find some were to moor it over winter now can any one help me please

nortada

Visit site
Hi,

Welcome to this forum.

Sorry no body else has responded but your post is a bit short on detail.

As you see, currently, I am in Portugal so unlikely to be able to provide any tangible advice, save that, the more detail you can provide the greater chance of success.

Best of luck in your quest.

N

Shaders

Visit site
Hi I living on my boat now and trying to find some were to moor it over winter now can any one help me please
Am sorry I am in Pool at moment and have to move boat by end off next week the 23-24 october from the place it is in and song know were else can more it as Sony have much money and not working so some were not too far away even further along or a river estuary some were even for the winter as like to tie up against the side or a Jerry to be honest don't really want tie up to swinging mooring during winter if can help it thanks and hope some one can help me thanks again for your time

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Am sorry I am in Pool at moment and have to move boat by end off next week the 23-24 october from the place it is in and song know were else can more it as Sony have much money and not working so some were not too far away even further along or a river estuary some were even for the winter as like to tie up against the side or a Jerry to be honest don't really want tie up to swinging mooring during winter if can help it thanks and hope some one can help me thanks again for your time
Sorry but that doesn’t make total sense. Would you like to read through what you wrote and either edit it or try again?

Shaders

Visit site
sorry this flaming phone keeps changing what I write as don't drink either.should read am in Poole at moment and have to move boat by end off next week 23-24 october from the place were it is and don't know were else can move it too.Don't have much money as not working or anything so somewhere that's not to far away even if have move boat along coast or river estuary maybe don't really want a swinging mooring over winter if can be helped so would like to tie up against bank or a jetty if possable can anyone help me with any ideas please as I obviously liveing on boat and thanks for any help you can give me and forgot to mention my boat is a 33ft Santa Barbara ketch rigged bilge keel draught round 1.3

Lucy52

Visit site
You could explore the Canal Barge forums as they have a lot of people living aboard. Someone there may be able to help you. There is very few if any "free" or "low cost" options on the South Coast. If there are they will be full up. You could also find out if Housing Benefit will pay Marina Fees in place of Rent, I don't know.
Sorry, I can't help any further.

V1701

Visit site
I'm struggling to think how you might find somewhere but how about lifting out into a boatyard that doesn't mind you living aboard? I know it is nowhere near Poole but I paid £1.50/day for winter storage (26 foot boat) at Ynyslas boatyard across the water from Aberdovey, mid Wales and could have lived aboard had I wanted or needed to. I'm just using it as an example, I know you probably couldn't go there at the moment even if you wanted to due to Covid restrictions. I live aboard full time at Brighton Marina and I do know that people have successfully claimed housing benefit living aboard here. I don't know whether anyone has now there's the new "Universal Credit" system. Good luck finding somewhere...

Shaders

Visit site
I'm struggling to think how you might find somewhere but how about lifting out into a boatyard that doesn't mind you living aboard? I know it is nowhere near Poole but I paid £1.50/day for winter storage (26 foot boat) at Ynyslas boatyard across the water from Aberdovey, mid Wales and could have lived aboard had I wanted or needed to. I'm just using it as an example, I know you probably couldn't go there at the moment even if you wanted to due to Covid restrictions. I live aboard full time at Brighton Marina and I do know that people have successfully claimed housing benefit living aboard here. I don't know whether anyone has now there's the new "Universal Credit" system. Good luck finding somewhere...
As said don't have much money at all an I don't claim any benefits at all,I don't claim any benefits

PlanB

Visit site
As someone has said, the likelihood of finding a free mooring on the south coast is pretty small.
Might I ask if you are British or an EU citizen? If so, you might be able to claim benefit, which would help.

Shaders

Visit site
I actually said cheap or free and I was born in uk as always been here but class myself as European if that what you mean and as for claiming benefit I do without before I do that if that answers your question as not everyone does claim benefit I live off grid an that means no benefit

Lucy52

Visit site
The South and South East are heavily populated and there is considerable demand for mooring space. You are very unlikely to find anywhere that is free or of low cost inquiring here. There are people who roam the canal system or travel in vehicles, though they tend to get moved on. Would your contacts in the alternate community not be able to help? They are far more likely to know what is possible than those on here who probably know very little of the ‘off grid’ lifestyle. Maybe you will find a sympathetic land owner who has river frontage or find a mooring you can lay to, but you would have to go out and look. Pretty much all land belongs to someone who will likely want to look after their piece of turf.

It is generally illegal to discriminate against those with no fixed address, though it does make it harder to get help, but it is possible. Best of luck with your search, I feel you will need it.

V1701

Visit site
I lived in a van for a year, off grid during the summer, in the winter I used camp sites some of the time. It became increasingly difficult to find somewhere to park even during the very short time that I did it. I would think it's gonna be 10 times harder to find somewhere to do it safely on a boat on the sea but I wish you the very best of luck...