Cheap non Marina Mooring on South Coast?

newtothis

Visit site
AFAIK Wicormarine moorings are pontoons. One pontoon is walk ashore, the other requires a dinghy ride. They might have swinging moorings, but not at that price I believe.
Calculate for yourself. I worked out a swinging pontoon, no storage. £300/m p.a. = £3k for 10m.
1600417633899.png

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Calculate for yourself. I worked out a swinging pontoon, no storage. £300/m p.a. = £3k for 10m.
View attachment 98945
That is for the downstream moorings - about half a mile from the jetty - but includes dinghy storage, haul out, winter storage ashore, and re-launch. The upstream moorings are nearer but very few in number and occupied by long-standing Wicormarine customers.

ashtead

Visit site
Just remember at Wicomarine while the pontoon and boat will stay afloat you can be cut off by a vast tract of brown mud. If ferrying from boat to shore quite easy to become stranded on board and waiting for the water to return. Also it’s a fair walk down to the jetty I recall . Likewise you can sitting on jetty waiting for water to launch dinghy. It’s not really rowing distance to pontoons with any load so outboard is a good idea plus a hard dinghy and trolley . That said the 3k quoted seems much less than other locations unless you fancy being on the iow.

newtothis

Visit site
Just remember at Wicomarine while the pontoon and boat will stay afloat you can be cut off by a vast tract of brown mud. If ferrying from boat to shore quite easy to become stranded on board and waiting for the water to return. Also it’s a fair walk down to the jetty I recall . Likewise you can sitting on jetty waiting for water to launch dinghy. It’s not really rowing distance to pontoons with any load so outboard is a good idea plus a hard dinghy and trolley . That said the 3k quoted seems much less than other locations unless you fancy being on the iow.
I don't doubt it is cheap relative to other locations. But relative to the cost of a £5-10k boat it is still pricey just for parking, esp with the constraints you mention.
That is for the downstream moorings - about half a mile from the jetty - but includes dinghy storage, haul out, winter storage ashore, and re-launch. The upstream moorings are nearer but very few in number and occupied by long-standing Wicormarine customers.

Correcting my own typo, I meant downstream mooring, not pontoon. But that price is specifically without storage. That appears to require the more expensive full package.

Aeolus

Visit site
For that sized boat, I doubt you'll find anywhere prettier or more sheltered at a very reasonable price than Chichester Harbour. Itchenor Reach is simply divine and you can keep the boat on the mooring year-round. The Conservancy is a non-profit organisation so their charges are what is need to maintain the harbour & moorings rather than deliver profits to owners. I believe that they have vacancies.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Si
Since the recent developments you can now launch your dinghy at all states of the tide from the new walk-ashore pontoons. I had an isolated pontoon berth there until this year when it was joined up to the walk-ashore link. You're right about the long walk though!

Zagato

Visit site
For that sized boat, I doubt you'll find anywhere prettier or more sheltered at a very reasonable price than Chichester Harbour. Itchenor Reach is simply divine and you can keep the boat on the mooring year-round. The Conservancy is a non-profit organisation so their charges are what is need to maintain the harbour & moorings rather than deliver profits to owners. I believe that they have vacancies.

Agreed it is a great spot and sheltered but the mobos and RIBs that use it as a drag strip coming out of the marinas and worse returning, can make it an uncomfortable bow, chain, slamming experience. The Conservancy repeatedly state they can do little about it but do post a RIB on watch at one end when they can. It,s been quite an issue for a number of years now, I have seen bow rollers ripped completely off the boat due to the large slamming forces. No snubber will resolve it. I am getting prepared and getting my bow roller redesigned or beefed up just in case I have to go back there. My roller was bent sideways and it was more substantial than usual as well as bolted through to the bowsprit. If only these idiots would look back at their wake and see the chaos they are creating with even the larger yachts banging up and down. Just don,t put your coffee down anywhere!

ashtead

Visit site
If you are looking for a place to park cheaply in your £5 to 10k boat then if it has bilge keels or takes the ground maybe a mooring in Bembridge harbour or even a drying harbour somewhere like Mudeford maybe?