Chbg catering

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Evening all.

Here's the deal.

Saturday evening is booked at l'Equipage – the YC restaurant next to the Capitanerie at Chantereyne, the Cherbourg marina. This has the advantage of not requiring a yomp into town and beyond, something which can be quite taxing if you're not used to long distances in stilletos. Food is fair to middling, bordering on pretty good. More importantly, the atmosphere is 'conducive' and the bar never seems too anxious to close.

Fixed price, fixed menu with no variations* at 30€, which consists:

Welcoming glass of Kir
Salade de jambon fumé et chèvre chaude
Entrecôte grillé, sauce bordelaise
Fromage normande et salade verte
Tarte normande
1/3rd btl of wine per tete - chardonnay or bordeau superieur§
Café

-----

*Only variation is for veggies, who can be served what the French consider a vegetarian alternative (your guess). If you're veggie (or one has sneaked aboard), please let me know by 1600 hrs Monday 12th when the confirming fax goes off.

§Order extra wine at the table or the bar - my strong suggestion - pay for it when it arrives, otherwise things get terribly complicated when you have to settle up at the end of the evening and nobody can remember who had what and how many bottles of it, their boat's name, how to tie their shoelaces or whether they're married.

luvnkisses

DeeGee

Visit site
Re: Any set time ....

[ QUOTE ]
Dinnertime

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, about 12:30 then.... <span style="color:white">Ken, if you take me seriously, I shall do something nasty to your balls. </span>