Change of Tender

Portland Billy

Visit site
Nothing to do with money!!
I have unearthed a Tinker sailing inflatable while clearing out the shed (aren't we all).
It's in good nick after five years stored and would make a better tender than the current Seago 2.3.- It's 2.9 with a solid floor.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the snap-on pads off the current boat and stick them on the new project?
Also is any two pack epoxy OK?
It's by no means an urgent project as I can't get down to bring the Seago home!
I could buy new pads, but they ain't cheap and I still need to measure up for positioning.

Parabordi

Visit site
Always fancied one of those, it would be great to indulge in a bit of sailing on a sunny afternoon,..sorry drifting off there!!

Portland Billy

Visit site
The problem with sailing the Tinker is stowing the sails, mast etc aboard the 'mother ship'. They come in fairly long pvc bag.
If just using as a tender the oars will stow inside the boat.

DougOut

Visit site
We used to use a Tramp as a tender very successfully on our Spirit 3000 and later on our Princess 412+2. Everyone loved it, rowing, motoring around with the outboard and sailing it, In all honesty I don't recall any real problems stowing all the extra bits and pieces. On our Spirit the Tramp rested on the bathing platform. On our Princess, at first we hung it on the davits but one of the glued on lifting eyes pulled away so we reverted to stowing it on the platform.