• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Celotex fright

Graham_Wright

I am surrounding my fridge with Celotex and, out of curiosity, tested it for flammability.

It ignited very easily, burned furiously and gave off noxious fumes.

Can anyone suggest a less dangerous alternative please?

I am amazed that such a flammable product is permitted to be used in house roof spaces.

sarabande

Which product number did you use please ?

Their fire resistant version is FR 4000, which has Class 0 rating. The rest.....

Graham_Wright

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that GRP also burns furiously and gives off noxious fumes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but here's not a lot you can do about that except replace with steel I suppose (then it rusts).
But GRP is a lot more difficult to ignite.

aztec

Graham,

Have a chat with your local building supplier.. ask about "kingspan" (there are other manufacturers) all class "0" for firespread.

i have used it on my boat... and yes... did my own fire test.

Steve

Graham_Wright

I couldn't find anyone to split Kingspan which was the first choice. Bit annoying as I pass several of their delivery vehicles every day!

salamicollie

Try build centre if there is one near you, I got the foil faced kingspan closed cell PU- you will need to buy a whole sheet but you don't need to buy a full pack. If you need less than a sheet try your local building site...