Caulking

Visit site
I've had my boat nearly 10 years and I never had to caulk before .She's clinker built and only caulked from the garboards planks to keel, I had her out the water just before lockdown so she's dried out I've avoided using plastic and have gone for red lead glazing putty for the hull were cracks gave appeared and red lead plumbers putty for underneath the waterline with a top layer of glazing putty on the surface as it does go off and provides a good surface ro the water I'm hoping she does take

jamie N

Visit site
Welcome!
My wooden Folkboat has dried a lot in the year and a half since being in my drive, but I'd not understood quite how much until yesterday when I drained the engine fresh cooling water into the bilge, where it'd run out through the hull drain. It did, and several other places along the carvel planks!
Oh!
A closer investigation showed clear daylight between several planks here and there.
It's a fact of life; she will take up, I will spray her wet inside before going in at Easter, I do have a large pump for the 1st few days alongside the harbour wall in Fortrose as nothing's really changed in her integrity since she was last in.
Still squeaky bum time though.......
Any pictures, and where did you find the red lead?