Cardiff Bay open for sailing on Monday

graham

Visit site
It's on Cardiff Harbour notice to Mariners.Locks won't be working yet and you can only drive 5 miles in Wales for recreation .But it's a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

38mess

Visit site
While I welcomed more freedom for us, I have slept on it and a nagging feeling this morning is it might be a bit too much to soon. The virus is still killing hundreds of people a day and it hasn't gone away.
I have put my business on hold, so I have an interest in things getting back to normal, but I can see a late summer lockdown looming again. Sorry to be pessimistic ?

Dutch01527

Visit site
HM announcement says sailing in the bay is allowed but locks are still closed and no overnight stays. Travel for exercise is limited to a recommended 5 miles in Wales. A step in the right direction but not much use if you are not very local to the boat.

I am getting pretty frustrated by endless lists of rules and restrictions being imposed by every politician and bureaucrat who feel the need to exercise their power. Surely it is not too hard to come up with a national set of rules and ask people to follow them.

38mess

Visit site
HM announcement says sailing in the bay is allowed but locks are still closed and no overnight stays. Travel for exercise is limited to a recommended 5 miles in Wales. A step in the right direction but not much use if you are not very local to the boat.

I am getting pretty frustrated by endless lists of rules and restrictions being imposed by every politician and bureaucrat who feel the need to exercise their power. Surely it is not too hard to come up with a national set of rules and ask people to follow them.
It's all political. Draford needs to justify his massive paycheck. Wales were never going to follow England.

BarrytheViking

Visit site
Most of the 'rules' posted by the press appear to be guidance rather than legislation. Unfortunately the media in Wales don't appear to want to question the local government in any meaningful way. The biggest issue appears to be the definition of 'local' to which the guidance is now given as '5 miles as a rule of thumb'. I have to travel 10 miles to my nearest supermarket, my boat is 15miles away along quiet country roads and there is far less risk in going to my boat than going to the supermarket, garden centre or diy store! A good understanding of the actual regulations including amendments other than those announced yesterday can be found here:

https://gov.wales/sites/default/fil...s-regulations-2020-as-amended-21-may-2020.pdf

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
Yes, BBC are reporting that watersports are allowed from Mon: What do the latest lockdown rules mean?

So I'll be launching tomorrow!
That’s not the message I got from Milford Haven marina in an email straight after the announcement yesterday; they say the marina and waterway remain closed. They are letting local people access their boats but the local NTM preventing leisure sailing remains in force.

graham

Visit site
Swansea is opening the marina on Monday then the Tawe Barrage is opening Wednesday but you must pre-book a lock not just turn up .

My bet is a new NTM for MH waterway will appear in a few days.

Elessar

Visit site
While I welcomed more freedom for us, I have slept on it and a nagging feeling this morning is it might be a bit too much to soon. The virus is still killing hundreds of people a day and it hasn't gone away.
I have put my business on hold, so I have an interest in things getting back to normal, but I can see a late summer lockdown looming again. Sorry to be pessimistic ?
It’s not going to go away.
Get on with living.
Look how many agreed yesterday.
E5E6EA7E-0627-4BB7-B055-9C544E7143F8.jpeg

Elessar

Visit site
The sheep are the ones following pointless rules. If you can explain how any of the people in that photo put themselves at risk then I’m all ears. Wales has got this wrong. I’m glad I no longer sail out of Penarth marina.

Elessar

Visit site
History will determine who got things right or wrong.

Meanwhile we will be sailing from Monday.
Easy to answer that without history.
All the politicians will claim they were right.
All the politicians will claim all the other politicians were wrong.
All the journalists will claim that all the politicians were wrong.
And we’ll be none the wiser.

Beneteau381

Visit site

Dont forget, the usless Welsh Labour led Welsh Gov is having elections next year, they should have been last month but they postponed them. So a lot of posturing going on now! Also they managed to get through their little bit of helpful to them legislation, 16 year olds and non Brits allowed to vote! Came in to force yesterday!