• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Carbon Monoxide Alarms - A Seasonal Warning from the MAIB

FlyingGoose

Why people still do not fit these is incredible, they save lives, is it lack ok knowledge, lack of attention drawn to the problem, or I'm alright Jack mentality
Sad loss whatever the reasons , but if you do not have any ,FIT them

glynd

Why people still do not fit these is incredible, they save lives, is it lack ok knowledge, lack of attention drawn to the problem, or I'm alright Jack mentality
Sad loss whatever the reasons , but if you do not have any ,FIT them
Also, if you have one - check the battery

penberth3

AndrewB

Mine seems to be set off by a number of vapours, not just carbon monoxide. Had to disable it while I was varnishing. Smoky frying will sometimes start it. It also kept going off when one of my boat batteries started to sulfate badly. That was much more useful - the gases can be explosive - except that it took me several days to realise the cause and that the nasty smell was not coming from a blocked loo.

prv

Mine seems to be set off by a number of vapours, not just carbon monoxide.
Interesting. I’ve had the cooking-gas alarm go off from contact-adhesive vapours before, but never had any false-alarms from the monoxide one.

Pete

CLB

I think it’s the ‘it will never happen to me’ mentality. I have banged the co alarm drum for years, but doubt I have convinced more than a single handful of people to get one. 🤔

Topcat47

My CO alarm is sealed for life (which ws a bit of a bugger when the battery went flat but I got a replacement free.) It's not wired into the boat electrics and cannot be turned off.