Car scratches

Sailfree

Visit site
Black metallic scrstched from bushes.

Have compounded it and cleaned up area.

Anyone found a way to improve the overall appearance without a complete respray.

mrangry

Visit site
If it can catch your fingernail it will be through the lacquer. If you have tried wet flatting and compounding it then I am afraid its paint time.

Sailfree

Visit site
Certain I cant make it disappear but was hoping someone had used one of these polish products with colour in them or a "shine" colour cloth. Photos show scratches disappeared - dont believe that - but was hoping someone had tried one that "improved" the appearance.

Sorry I did intend to post this in the lounge!

Rappey

Visit site
was hoping someone had used one of these polish products
I've tried so many different things on many other things. I don't think anything is succesful rubbing by hand.
I had a 4x4 that had every square mm scratched from years of off roading along overgrown lanes.
Borrow a proper buffer and used tcut ,it removed virtually every scratch. I was blown away by how succesfull it was . The vehicle looked amazing afterwards.

Sailfree

Visit site
Dodgy used car salesmen used to use boot polish in scratches on black cars. Quite effective.

Have used coloured T-Cut on other colours, with some improvement but it’s not magic.

Thanks

Being a metallic black its sure to have a lacquer finish so can't cut it.

I still have my old devibliss JGA spraying but prefer to just improve it if possible.

Davy_S

Visit site
Metalic paint looks good until you scratch it! you can T cut it out, but then you have to use a rattle can to spray the lacquer you have rubbed away, that's if you intend to DIY it. I resprayed my boot using Black Pearl and then Lacquer from a rattle can, it was passable for an oldish car, but would not be good enough for a decent car.

billskip

Visit site
JJR Custom Cars Painting jjrcustomcarspainting@gmail.com.
It's my partner Tibi's son's company, they do exceptional work making things disappear and look like showroom finish, but as said if its metallic and its deep, it's a paint job.

Next time later in the week I will ask them the best products