Can not wait to get back on

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
The engine is nothing to do with me! Many hands were offering remarks, of varying degrees of helpfulness, while I was trying to remove my prop to get it fettled up, ther's a few dings in it after catching something. Prop didn't want to shift and I actually not only bent the tommy bar on my puller but deformed the thing in the process (puller, nor prop). 30 seconds with blowlamp after I went and got some gas. The small people were son and daughters cleaning/squablling over whose turn it was with the pressure washer. I can hire them out at £5 per hour for all three:)
boatscrubbing.jpg

Rachel and Sarah. 9 and 4 respectively, but not scrubbers really:)

boatscrubbing2.jpg

Daniel's turn with the pressure washer.

One up side to it all. A surveyor who is a club member did a free hull inspection for our mutual interest. couple of blisters that are of no account and otherwise sound as a bell. Cutless bearing fine, rudder bearing fine, shaft looks fine, change the anode before putting her back etc.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
And now we are back in again. New anode, refurbished prop, trim tabs antifouled, even if the colour is a bit bright!

A nice shiny propellor.
Prop Back.jpg

The bathing platform is all nice again, just ready to become a coot's toilet I suspect.
Bathing Platform.jpg

Relaunched just after 17:00 this evening
Back In Again.jpg

Lurid red trim tabs, but they might scare off the coots.
Antifouled Tabs.jpg

Just hope I sealed the through bolts for the anode properly...