Can not wait to get back on

nickcred

Visit site
Hi Guys

Well today is the day, after 6 weeks off the river whilst the boat had it's new engine fitted and business kept me away the last week or so. Today finally I am told I can get my boat back.

Nice suprise from SWMBO and SWKIA that last weekend they went to the boat with my mother (she who cleans best) and cleaned and polished her inside and out. So today I should be able to hop on and enjoy for the weekend without spending hours cleaning first. Must saying I am looking forward to not carrying cans of highly explosive petrol on board as well as (let it continue) paying half the price per litre for diesel. So any tips on caring for a brand new diesel engine gratefully received, other than that just sharing my happiness at being back on the water.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Looks like a Birchwood 25. Nice boat; friends had one (Silver Seoul) with the Ford engine; lots of cockpit space while the lads drink beer and the ladies prepare the food!

I remember seeing your boat when we were on the Thames. We had an Eastwood 24 named Nenesse.

nickcred

Visit site
Hi Guys

Yep a Birchwood 25, named Tristan, did have a ford watermota petrol until I killed it. Now has a brand new Nanni Diesel 4.150. Been up this morning and she (as I would have hoped) is running sweet as anything and only a tad more noisy than the old petrol- amazing how far diesel has come on. Big hand to Kris Cruisers and especially the engineer Andy for doing a great job. Wife now shopping, clothes packed and picking kids up from school and we are off back to her for the weekend. It was like coming home. So if you see me stop for a beer I am in celebratory mood /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Can't play at the moment. Up on the slip at the club while my prop is returned to the designed shape after cluting something coming back from limehouse. Less bad than I thought at the time, few dents but the shaft, cutless bearing and rudder all seem fine.

Next weekend with luck, potter down to Hampton on Sunday to check it all works.

nickcred

Visit site
Re: Can not wait to get back on - the pics as asked

So here is the nice new shiney blue Nanni 4.150 HE

Nanni4.jpg

And then The nice new dash board

NewDashResized.jpg

And now flying the forum burgee as well

forumburgee2.jpg

So spent a great weekend on the river, went upstream to Marlow on Saturday and Downstream to Penton Hook on Sunday. Glorious Weather on Sunday and fairly quiet on the river. Feels like I have come home /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site

All you need now is a nice new Ensign /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nickcred

Visit site

Yep Byron you are 100% correct. When I put the Forum Burgee on I realised how faded the old Ensign was /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif . I think like me it's having problems getting older gracefully

byron

RIP
Visit site

If you took your Ensign down at night it would last twice as long /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nickcred

Visit site

LOL this gets more embarrassing by the minute. I do take it down at night and when away from the boat. Now I definately will buy a new one before the next pic is posted /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site

OK, as you are taking all this squarely on the chin. Get rid of those girly cushions and chuck some empty beer cans around.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
OK, as you are taking all this squarely on the chin....

[/ QUOTE ]
..and while your at it tidy up what looks like a bit of old washing line attached to the lifebuoy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, as you are taking all this squarely on the chin....

[/ QUOTE ]
..and while your at it tidy up what looks like a bit of old washing line attached to the lifebuoy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Horn could do with a touch of chrome cleaner too and what is that mark just under the 'B' of Birchwood.

nickcred

Visit site

I love it, stuck in the office when I really want to be cleaning my horn /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and replacing the washing line, these posts have cracked me up this morning. So help me out here then so far my shopping list contains

1 x new Ensign
1 x new life buoy line
1 x tube of Chrome cleaner
1 x case of beer
1 x digital camera

anything esle I need? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

removing the mark below the B may be an issue as I think you are referring to the vent for the fridge lol.

Honest there are beer cans on the cockpit floor

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

On second thoughts, I'd forget about a new digicam.....if you take better pix they'll just identify more things to criticise /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What time were you down by Penton Hook? I was locking downriver there around 2pm so we must have just missed each other.

nickcred

Visit site

Would have been around 2.30 - we turned at the lock and moored up at the park for a while then headed back to Datchet - shame we could have cracked open a beer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bradtarga34

Visit site
I saw your boat Andrew on the slip on Saturday when we went past and was wondering what you were up to. I saw an engine on an old stump near by and was wondering if it was as major as that, but looks as though something not so critical. looked like quite a few people around your boat, so must have been a case of all hands on deck! I hope you get her sorted soon before the weather goes to pot.