Camping Gaz and Butsir in Spain

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Just inadvertently had one of our Camping Gaz cylinders exchanged for a cylinder of Butsir.

I am assuming I will find this impossible to exchange in either Portugal or the Canaries, so I need to get my old cylinder back?

And - does anyone know if I can get Camping Gaz in Bayona?

- W

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Yes, get your old cylinder back -if they still have it.

We found Camping Gaz available almost everywhere but sometimes from a small hardware store at the back of towns. We can also get Galp Gas here in Portugal, identical to CG but orange and cheaper. If exchanged for CG, they won't change back :(

Yngmar

Visit site
We got stuck with a Butsir bottle too. Managed to swap it for a full Camping Gaz in Greece (gave the guy a salvaged anchor for it). Otherwise difficult, see if you can get it back! Some do get the right shade of blue and paint it and then find someone who doesn't look too closely, but won't work everywhere, some insist on the right stamping or stickers.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Just inadvertently had one of our Camping Gaz cylinders exchanged for a cylinder of Butsir.

I am assuming I will find this impossible to exchange in either Portugal or the Canaries, so I need to get my old cylinder back?

- W
Correct, get it back. Had it done to us in La Linea, they were ok about cancelling the transaction.

Beneteau381

Visit site

- W
A heads up, there is a small Gas shop in Faro near the Camara and market, he sold us a Camping Gaz 907 bottle for €15, so €30.50 for a full one. Normally €15.50 for a refill.

GHA

Visit site
A heads up, there is a small Gas shop in Faro near the Camara and market, he sold us a Camping Gaz 907 bottle for €15, so €30.50 for a full one. Normally €15.50 for a refill.
Under a fiver euro to get your own bottle refilled other side of Olhao if you have a car and don't mind propane. The guy reckons he has adapters to fill any european bottle, lots motorhome trade.
Gpl Gas Top up

KompetentKrew

Visit site
I accepted a Butsir cylinder a couple of days before this thread was posted, but had raised anchor immediately after, so it was too late to go back.

I thought I'd have to use it before confronting the bottle problem, but it seems to be a different type of gas (different weight of butane?) as it doesn't work with my Smev 300 oven. The hobs work, but not the oven. I decided not to risk it even with the hobs, as didn't want to end up with carbon monoxide poisoning or something.

Will be in Faro next week - am booked in at Bruce's for the winter.

Beneteau381

Visit site
I accepted a Butsir cylinder a couple of days before this thread was posted, but had raised anchor immediately after, so it was too late to go back.

I thought I'd have to use it before confronting the bottle problem, but it seems to be a different type of gas (different weight of butane?) as it doesn't work with my Smev 300 oven. The hobs work, but not the oven. I decided not to risk it even with the hobs, as didn't want to end up with carbon monoxide poisoning or something.

Will be in Faro next week - am booked in at Bruce's for the winter.
See you there then, we are on the sea view row!

Kelpie

Visit site
We've ended up with two Butsirs, and also have two empty Calor propane bottles.
Does anybody know of anywhere between Cartagena and La Línea where I could get cylinders refilled?
We don't use a lot of gas so it's not a high priority, but it seems daft to be carrying around empty Calor bottles...