Calling all Skippers - One last time

Cutter

Visit site
There were 59 diners - all of whom paid 55euros (plus a few who tipped in a little more to help out). There were 8 extra bottles of redwine and 8 beers (EBBs) and some odds and sods.
I paid the bill for these with monies collected and the manager agreed that it was settled in full. So unless someone ordered more later all was settled and as per my earlier post I was in a small surplus. Dont know where the extra bill came from but needs challenging as manager and I shook hands at end of evening and agreed all was square.
we were 3

kharley

Visit site
We were three on Moondance
Though I sat on a table with Sailfree and crew
We all paid in cash and I paid for extra bottle of red wine

Sailfree

Visit site
We paid for an extra bottle of red wine as well - did we have 2 extras on our table?

Not bothered anyway it was a great night. Might be best to pay Cutter our dues when we sit down (and sober!!) and instruct restaurant to charge tables for extra drinks when ordered. Thought for Tome & Cutter to perhapos consider for next year. Its certainly not fair on Cutter if the total is short!!

tome

www.google.co.uk
Thanks all (and for those who PM'd me)

The total tallies with Cutters number - 59. The reason I asked for this is that on Sunday morning the girl from the marina came a-banging on our hull in the RIB and told me that the restaurant was owed 240 euros from our dinner

I went to see them and the owner was adamant that there was a shortfall. Unable to contact the other organisers (who were sailing home) I coughed up the 240 euros rather than have SB maligned or banned in the future

I could only imagine that we were short of the number of diners we had told them (which was 60 plus or minus 2). That is clearly not the case, and I'll make contact to try to recover my money - though I expect this will be difficult

Cheers
Tom

Sailfree

Visit site
I assume it was clearly stated number of dinners and not the cost of extra drinks that had not made it onto the bill presented to Cutter? From memory an extra bottle of wine was 30Euros so thats exactly 6 bottles!

fireball

Visit site
Maths was never his strong point ... he actually took 9.75hrs to get back ... but included the time difference ... he'd could slice an hour off his record if he went overnight when the clocks go forward .... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif