Cabin of the Week

FullCircle

Visit site
I really hope that's ironic Isobel, or I'm losing the will to live ! :rolleyes:

I am glad it's not ironic,as we sincerely enjoy putting in the effort to our celebration days.
Each to their own, we are very very romantic, and ever may it remain so.

ganter

Visit site
I really hope that's ironic Isobel, or I'm losing the will to live ! :rolleyes:

Jaded old cynical wanabee trolls aside, nice one Full Circle. Good for you.

Thanks Isobel for drawing attention to it. The romance of sailing!

x

Last edited:
Visit site
I am not disagreeing but I would be interested to heard why that would be please.

Well, suppose firstly that the galley is to port and chart table is to starboard (which is absolutely the traditional layout). Now suppose you want to duck down from the cockpit to get yourself a cuppa, go the head, or check the chart.

If you heave to on starboard tack to do this, then --

• You're the stand-on vessel, so you should be able to do any of those things in peace
  • If making a cuppa, the galley is downhill which is safer as well as being more comfortable
  • And if checking the chart, you have a higher and hence better view out of whatever scuttle is handy to watch that the idiot coming down on you from windward really is going to keep clear. :)

But if the galley is to starboard and the chart table is to port then of course none of that applies.

I think it's just a fashion fad, done to be 'different' and without any thought as to why it was always done the way it used to be in the past.

Mike

Melleman

Visit site
DSC00498.jpg

Her is my new improved galley,LED dimmer new cooler and stowe and PIR light in all lockers.
DSC00485.jpg
gimbal surface
DSC00495.jpg
Red LED nightlight.

Last edited:

ip485

Visit site
Ips dont heel they just ease away from the wind a little ��.

Actually we often dip the rail in if its more than a 6, but the chairs are put away, the cushions sometimes end up on the floor if it gets a bit more lively.

ip485

Visit site
That'll be the bottle holder. A piece of ply and a hole cutter, not lost a bottle yet, but they do come in useful occasionally.