Buzzin' Bridlington

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Sadly, we were only able to stay a night. The helpful watchkeeper met is at the pontoon and we were off around town.

It seems a lively place, restaurants, bars, pubs, live music and a fine looking leisure centre. A dusk promenade on the, er, promenade rounded things off.

The harbour is very fishing orientated, which we find fascinating (I love the smell of diesel - and fish - in the morning). We couldn't raise the watchkeeper on entry, so followed a local fishing boat in. There are 2 visitors spots on the hammerhead which are easy to access. As ever, be aware of pots around the place.

We may need to visit again!
IMG_20210911_084859~2_compress34.jpg

We stopped there for 2 or 3 nights in 2015, to let some bad weather pass. They have either done some dredging, or you will have taken the ground. As you can see the mud is soft, and the keels just sank in, leaving the boat level.

Very friendly and helpful harbour master if memory serves. You could tell bad weather was coming as the other part of the harbour was rammed with fishing boats rafted 4 or 5 deep.

Kwikie Bridlington.jpg

chrishscorp

Visit site
Mud is very soft, I dont think any dredging has been done.

Lively lol schools have gone back it should now be as dead as a door nail, though all the accomodation is fully booked so i guess people still out staycationing.
They are still arguing over a Marina there, im 53 so i guess by the time im retired from sailing they may have made a descision :unsure: