Buying Sails

Stenvis

Visit site
Sorry to contradict oldmanofthehills but my problem relates to new sails. I had used Westaway about ten years ago and their service and quality was very good. This time the quality is below par and my issue relating to double charging is exasperating. I certainly have the impression that they are well practiced in extending and possibly avoiding any repayment - the excuses they give sound plausible at the time but become obvious with hindsight. It's such a shame as I would have gone back to them for more sails.
I have also now found out that a fellow local sailor has had months of trouble getting paid for a sail that Westaway had sold for him.
As I have said in an earlier post I could have paid a bit more for North Sails and had top quality, added appeal to my boat when I sell it and, more importantly, avoided months of worry and aggravation.
Whatever deal Westaway might offer my advice is just walk away !

Ianqv

Visit site
Hi Tomb,

GREAT news that you got your money back from this sham of a company!

To keep you up to date I have heard today from the bailiffs that they have collected all the money due to me. At last ! It's over a year but worthwhile. DON'T deal with these people. There are so many other good reputable sail makers

savageseadog

Visit site
To keep you up to date I have heard today from the bailiffs that they have collected all the money due to me. At last ! It's over a year but worthwhile. DON'T deal with these people. There are so many other good reputable sail makers
Was it "Bailiffs" or High Court enforcement?

Daydream believer

Visit site
if you want new I would recommend Ultimate.
Very pleased with my Ultimate laminate self tacking jib. I did insist that they sent someone to measure & that was factored in the price..
I normally buy Hyde sails (Got half a dozen) & would recomend them most times. But in this instance they could not get someone to measure the sail before the mast was dropped for the winter.