Buy a bigger boat

Lucas Gan

Visit site
@Portofino Thank you again for the good advice.
@alt Thank you for sharing your experience.

Viewed a Cranchi Atlantic 50 yesterday, the Mrs doesn't like the condition and the style.
Also viewed a Jeanneau Prestige 42 which look good but it is too small, especially the second room easy to get head hit even for a little girl like my daughter who is only 1.4 m tall.

Looks like need to keep waiting and searching.

alt

Visit site
If your wife doesn't like the style of the Cranchi, looks like you need a new wife.

You also mention condition.... was it tatty / dirty etc? (Don't understand how people expect to sell dirty / un-maintained boats) - Got any pics?

Seastoke

Visit site
@Portofino Thank you again for the good advice.
@alt Thank you for sharing your experience.

Viewed a Cranchi Atlantic 50 yesterday, the Mrs doesn't like the condition and the style.
Also viewed a Jeanneau Prestige 42 which look good but it is too small, especially the second room easy to get head hit even for a little girl like my daughter who is only 1.4 m tall.

Looks like need to keep waiting and searching.
There is a colvic 50 in conwy would take offers as gone out of boating.

Lucas Gan

Visit site
@seastoke thank you for the info. Will have a look at that boat. The only concern is that it said the engine hour was 284 hours in those 22 years! Is this a good or bad thing?
Edit: I have talked to the broker. The gauge was replaced, so the 284 hours is not the real total hours, so they don't know how many hours it did. Hence, I can't find any other useful info about the model, then learned that the manufacturer was already bankrupt in 2000! So worry probably not easy to resale when next time needs to replace a boat.

@alt thanks for the input. Maybe just because there is a strong smell all over the boat, and not very tidy when visiting, plus a couple of inches of fuel mixture in the bilge, and it has only one big fuel tank, no backup, etc.

@Mr Googler yes, I was planning the budget within £200k. But potential stretch to £250k if a boat falls in love with it. That boat is asking price of £249 and is only one hour drive from me, so worth giving it a view.

Last edited: