• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Bun NOT in the oven!

Anybody had success making bread in the pressure cooker? I have followed Annie Hill's method (Voyaging on a Low income) and had 5 disasters! Bread rises OK but always collapses when cooking. I can usually manage a good loaf when cooking conventionally but never in the pressure cooker.
What am I doing wrong?

Annies instructions said to cook at full 15lbs pressure and it does not matter whether you reduce pressure suddenly or not. I tried both! I should have added that I am doing this at home before trying on the boats Taylors 'blast furnace'.

Kilter

I've successfully used her method. Pan inside the pressure cooker needs plenty of room for expansion of bread and should be on a trivet. I covered the bread pan with a double layer of greaseproof paper, which went above the rim of the inner pan by an inch or so and tied it firmly round with string. worked every time