Brits having a hard time in AC?

Wansworth

Visit site
As with most high level sports it’s the fortitude of the competitors that can make the difference but with a so called team not working together its difficult to sort out especially with the man paying for it not being happy

matt1

Visit site
Marcus Wheatley.....?

Lol.

The racing starts in 5 days. Wait til then...
Does Mr Wheatley have form? I’ve never heard of him. Like I said, in all the videos I’ve seen of them they have looked very assured. I understand they now have an issue with their mast though, so maybe at least some of what he alludes to about problems with the boat seem true

flaming

Visit site
Does Mr Wheatley have form? I’ve never heard of him. Like I said, in all the videos I’ve seen of them they have looked very assured. I understand they now have an issue with their mast though, so maybe at least some of what he alludes to about problems with the boat seem true
He’s a blogger, his currency is hits to his page.

I don’t think he has any more insight into INEOS than any other observer. Pretty sure he’s not in NZ...

flaming

Visit site
Gallantly losing is what the British do best! All those millions and hype eh? Let's hope it's wrong and just NZ media BS.
We won't really know until the new year. The next few days racing will be interesting though. Debating sitting up for it...

dunedin

Visit site
Sadly there may be some truth in the stories after a 5 minute drubbing by USA in their first race then a retiral in the second when well behind.
Technical issues were reported with their control systems.
Not an ideal start but let's hope they can sort the issues quickly.

TernVI

Visit site
One of the problems with foils is that it removes the interaction of the boats and the waves.
Personally, I think that video was stone cold tedious to watch.
Those boats are not so much an evolutionary dead end as some sort of made-up mutant.
Moths and foiling boards just look a lot more natural, and in terms of boatlengths/second, shitloads quicker.
As for match racing, we see more tactical racing from kids in Toppers.