Bristol Channel Meet - Boats

LeytonC

Visit site
So who is interested in comming? I am ( /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Could people also give an idea of number(s) of people on board, size of boat and where they are comming from (any other information you can think of as well would be usefull)

tico

Visit site
I'm interested too....could do with a week of settled weather on neaps for the return trip (Gludy will know what I mean)

Theres a fair few forumites in the Swansea / Cardiff area but not many further West.

PCUK

Visit site
If it is over a week we may need several locations.
It may be useful to arrange cruise in company for anyone less used to longer journeys.
Would it now be a good idea to limit this to one thread as people are going to miss parts of the discussion over several.

LeytonC

Visit site
Or start another thread about crusing in company... Problem is speed of boats, i cruse at about 8 knots, so might need several threads with people travelling at different speeds.

If people want extra thread start them. i am not in charge.

muckypup

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It may be useful to arrange cruise in company for anyone less used to longer journeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately. By may/june I will hopefully be experienced enough for short journeys/marinas/handling etc, but not for a longer journey.

Steve

Coupe

Visit site
I'm interested if a paddy is welcome to pop across the pond. Probably overnight in Kilmore and pop over to Milford Haven. June would be best for us.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
I really think one thread is needed for all this.

There are many reasons why a boat maychoose to travel slower. I for one can do 25 knots but would not mind doing 10 knots to accompany other boats, in partcular less experienced skippers.

steverow

Visit site
Chris (Spanish Trader), me (Pegasus) and I'm sure Steve (muckypup) will all be around the Ten knot mark or a bit less.
So the Dis/semi's will probably outnumber the planing boats.
Also any sailboats that join in will need to be accounted for at probaly only five or six knots.

Tucepi

Visit site
I'm interested and based in Cardiff. Boat is Sealine F36 with 3 on board and 2 dogs. Cruise as slow as the slowest boat and happy at that. 30knts max.

muckypup

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Chris (Spanish Trader), me (Pegasus) and I'm sure Steve (muckypup) will all be around the Ten knot mark or a bit less.
So the Dis/semi's will probably outnumber the planing boats.
Also any sailboats that join in will need to be accounted for at probaly only five or six knots.

[/ QUOTE ]

8-10knots I'm sure will be fine for me. BTW, the boat is called "Harlequin Princess", although muckypup would be a good name /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif She will me mine on the 7th December.

Steve