Brightlingsea By Air at Very High Water

Major_Clanger

Home is Suffolk, boat either Suffolk or Cornwall
Visit site
So it is not Progress then ;)
Progress indicates a positive progression.... I think the flats are more change than progress. Little stays the same and change can be great, but sitting outside The Anchor on a sunny day with a few beers on the go was a delight. By the sounds of it, not many of us think B'sea has changed for the better.

The Railway Tavern (or Inn?) was a good haunt too.

Cobra

Visit site
Progress indicates a positive progression.... I think the flats are more change than progress. Little stays the same and change can be great, but sitting outside The Anchor on a sunny day with a few beers on the go was a delight. By the sounds of it, not many of us think B'sea has changed for the better.

The Railway Tavern (or Inn?) was a good haunt too.
The Railway is probably one of the best pubs in Brightlingsea now!

For convenience when coming off the water, it has to be the Yachtsman...The Anchor and The Sun now both sadly departed.

The Railway is always a good bet for a decent pint and as a third alternative, The Rosebud on Hurst Green overlooking the creek!

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
It still has a lot going for it.

Lido, boating lake, nice café near Batemans Tower . Helpful and efficient harbourmaster staff. And a dinghy trip to discover St Osyth.

Best visited by boat rather than car. Ideal location for a decent sail and back for weekend yachtsmen . I regard the 'new' development housing neutral . It didn't look very good before .:)

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I find it interesting hearing people talking about having a pint in the Pub and this was certainly something that me and her indoors liked to do pre March 2020. Since then we tend to take our picnic with us including a can or two of Beer/Cider. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. It is certainly easier on the wallet. Don't know if we will ever return to how we used to do it..... I guess time will tell

Major_Clanger

Home is Suffolk, boat either Suffolk or Cornwall
Visit site
I find it interesting hearing people talking about having a pint in the Pub and this was certainly something that me and her indoors liked to do pre March 2020. Since then we tend to take our picnic with us including a can or two of Beer/Cider. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. It is certainly easier on the wallet. Don't know if we will ever return to how we used to do it..... I guess time will tell
You must return! Pubs need us more than ever now and we should all do our bit - and that includes the bloody government. There's nowhere in the world like a good English or Welsh pub.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
You must return! Pubs need us more than ever now and we should all do our bit - and that includes the bloody government. There's nowhere in the world like a good English or Welsh pub.

Not us probably I am afraid the past months has taught us that we don’t really need them unless they have very good outside facilities.

Tomahawk

Visit site
Yes, that yard belonged to the late Cyril White. Cyril was a real character who built superb wooden folkboats (amongst many others). There was a yard cat called Nelson...a vicious bloody thing...had one eye (other was lost in a fight), half an ear (lost in a fight) a stump of a tail (who knows!) and would hide in Cyrils wood pile waiting for rats and mice or someone daft enough to put a hand into the pile. Cyril always approached that pile with great trepidation! The yard is now run by Jon Brett who is keeping up the traditional boat building skills.

As for Cell Block H on the old James & Stone site...the less said the better!

Of course the real tragedy of Cell Block H is that there is now a screaming need for those very slipways for servicing wind farm boats. One of the features of the Morgan Marine proposal is a wide travelhoist for lifting wind farm boats.

PS have sent a PM ... it should be notified at the top of the page.