Excellent museum
Excellent showers at marina
Excellent distillery
Very attractive built environment in Pultneytown
Very cheap beer in a Wetherspoons
An average Indian restaurant
Even an airport!
No wonder they have improved the roads and bridges to this wondrous settlement

But have you been to Donaghadee? I know Wick very well, and it is ok. But it's not Donaghadee:

No Museum (yet)
Rubbish shower (singular) at the Copelands Marina
Copelands Gin
Lovely location with harbour, beach and commons
Oldest pub in Ireland - Grace Neils
Wouldn't use the Indian here - the carpets are a bit sticky.
20 minutes to the harbour airport.

And - for you oldies - it was good enough for Cyril Lord and his carpet empire.

We need the EU/Ireland Interconnector to stop off here!

Edit: Forgot about the halls! There are church halls, community halls, orange halls ... all over the place. I have never seen a town so full of halls.

Edit 2: And after the RSPB cut down all the trees in Caithness we have a lot more than Wick (not that many, though, I have to be honest).

Edit 3: Forgot about the cricket club and the rugby club. There was a polo club for a very short period but that was the madness of the new estate owner.

Last edited:

dgadee

Visit site
Just back from the Donaghadee dump with my trailer (see post #77) and talked to a German woman from Munich who has moved over here (no trailer). She said Donaghadee was much nicer than Munich. I doubt she would say the same about Wick. Sorry, Wickovians.

We talked about the size of recycling bins in Munich (I lived there and they were tiny) compared to Donaghadee recycling bins (which are huge in comparison). So that's another point for the Dee in the 'World Cities' category.

dgadee

Visit site
We're back on track. Guardian reports today that Britland wants to get involved in the Suez 2 project:

"Sources said the UK would be prepared to play a leading role in any project to help “level up the region and build back better”.

We have the expertise and could share our preliminary designs for the proposed tunnel links to Northern Ireland,” said an official, who also pointed to the prime minister’s successful track record in large-scale infrastructure projects."

'Suez 2'? Ever Given grounding prompts plan for canal along Egypt-Israel border

Ah, you cynics! You'll all be proven wrong. Johnson is a man who keeps his word!

Quandary

Visit site
Of course he is, once he gets the orders for next winters PPE sorted out he wil be right on it, there is bound to be a big Tory supporting civil engineering contractor willing to offer a package deal. Ards Council and Arlene wil have to make a contribution toward your half but Michelle is bound to throw the full weight of SF behind it.

Blueboatman

Visit site
Government
Principal
British
Well well
Water boat sail exciting new marine opportunity
In advertising revenue stream
Quite boaty really

Forum Admin Team

Administrator
www.flamewarriorsguide.com
This thread has been closed due to the political content posted prior to the recent shift in content policy.

Feel free to start a new thread on the subject of the bridge, but ensure it is a discussion about the design, construction, use, etc., and does not stray into any political realm RE personalities, parties, ideologies, etc., or it too may be closed to replies.

Post-Current Affairs: 'COVID' & 'Climate Change' and general forum use.

Status
Not open for further replies.