Bridge jumpers (again)

Old Crusty

Visit site
I note that the teenage tomb stoners are out in force again.

Yesterday at Teddington there were reports of some 200 youngsters jumping off the footbridge and the tail bull nose, swimming across the head lock cut and skylarking on the fixed weir structure. Later in the day, one idiot jumped in front of a boat and suffered severe propeller injuries to his head and chest. The Met Police did turn up in force later. According to the chair of RUG 8, Steve Collins, the EA, Met Police and LBKuT hold responsibility for this though he doesn't explain his thinking. He omits to mention the missing parental control.

Cookham and Summerleaze (Bray Marina) bridges are also popular with the feral jumping yoof.

Time Out

Visit site

Yesterday at Teddington there were reports of some 200 youngsters jumping off the footbridge and the tail bull nose, swimming across the head lock cut and skylarking on the fixed weir structure. Later in the day, one idiot jumped in front of a boat and suffered severe propeller injuries to his head and chest. The Met Police did turn up in force later. According to the chair of RUG 8, Steve Collins, the EA, Met Police and LBKuT hold responsibility for this though he doesn't explain his thinking. He omits to mention the missing parental control.

Cookham and Summerleaze (Bray Marina) bridges are also popular with the feral jumping yoof.

Yup I was there. Not to mention the huge number climbing on private pontoons and boats.

The White Swan also has some interesting visitors ! I’ve never seen a 32 ft boat beach there before !!

Time Out

Visit site

Restriction order in place now. Sadly the propeller injury was just one incident.

Shockingly something more serious took place on the lock island but I’m not going to comment here.

AuntyRinum

Visit site
I've recently seen them jumping off of the M25 bridge near Bell Weir Lock and hoards of kids climbing over boats moored at Steven' s Eyot.
I challenged one of them, aged about 14, at Steven's Eyot, where a crowd of teenagers where climbing onto boats and jumping into the water. I asked him if the boat he was about to get onto was his. He said it was. I asked him the boat's name. He looked at the side of it and said "Birchwood". They all cleared off shortly after that and, I have to say, they weren't harming the boats, just using them as bathing platforms.

wonkywinch

Visit site
Was sailing in the Solent yesterday. Quite a few yoof playing with their expensive multiseater ribs including one daft lot who plonked two very young kids (<10 years old) into what looked like a multicoloured Lidl paddling pool then proceeded to tow it at high speed adjacent to the shipping channel near Fawley.