Bray

normskib

Visit site
Ralphie’s house is The force on the left in the photo with the crocodile on the lawn and the flagpole and a launch on the moring the one just beyond that belongs to Parkinson

normskib

Visit site
Rolf’s Humble abode in Bray .

Attachments

• AA18363A-1C83-4F85-B1DC-8F3734CF17D4.jpeg
    AA18363A-1C83-4F85-B1DC-8F3734CF17D4.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 40

Chris_d

Visit site
Rolf’s Humble abode in Bray .
I thought that was Parkies! although to be honest I have no idea.
Agree with thamesS23 it was definitely a smaller run down house with a bit above a boathouse that is his studio, I'm sure I saw it on the TV once. I always thought it was the one downstream of the Waterside.

Mark26

Visit site
Thamess23 is correct as was Parabordi

Rolf Harris’s house is not in the picture and is further upstream. He has an Australian totem pole in the garden.

Micheal Parkinson’s house is in the picture but hard to see. If you zoom in it is the 5th from the left. A lower building compared to some others but still very large and attractive. He normally has his Thames Launch moored at the end of the garden.

Last edited:

Mark26

Visit site
I saw Mr Parkinson in his garden recently and he has aged a great deal.
Sad.
It does make me giggle sometimes when I hear him say he’s a proud Yorkshire man, knowing how long he’s lived in Bray - or is it Maidenhead?

Many years ago when Rolf was doing a children’s cartoon program and my daughter, now 33, was about 5 and a Shirley Temple look alike, she used to watch him on TV and we saw him in the garden a few times as well. He always gave us a wave. But that was before.

Time Out

Visit site
It was in fact Parkinson’s launch that was used to transport Rolf from his back garden when he went on ‘holiday’ for a couple of years. Out of sight from reporters

They would both return a wave whenever I went past as a kid.

ianc1200

Visit site
It was in fact Parkinson’s launch that was used to transport Rolf from his back garden when he went on ‘holiday’ for a couple of years. Out of sight from reporters

They would both return a wave whenever I went past as a kid.
A slipper launch called "Lyndal" ? Peter Freebody used to look after it when we were at the Hurley yard.

Parabordi

Visit site
A slipper launch called "Lyndal" ? Peter Freebody used to look after it when we were at the Hurley yard.
yep, and everytime he passed me in it, he told me to slow down even when I was in neutral...
giphy-downsized-large.gif