Bounty, Bourne End

Old Crusty

Visit site
Just in case you planned to stop off this weekend:

A Section 34 Dispersal Order has been authorised by Insp 3330 Croucher around The Bounty Public House, Cockmarsh, Bourne End from 12pm Friday 3rd July until 12pm Monday 6th. This is to prevent anti-social behaviour after reports of public disorder in the area @TVP_Wycombe

oldgit

Visit site
Bang goes that all nighter was planning to take the missus to. :(
Was going to take along some of my Mantovani 78 s along as well.Bought some new needles.

Old Crusty

Visit site
Bang goes that all nighter was planning to take the missus to. :(
Was going to take along some of my Mantovani 78 s along as well.Bought some new needles.

Mantovani and the Music of the Mountains was my Gran's favourite.

Time Out

Visit site
most pubs round here (Teddington) have been doing that for a few weeks. Anglers at Tedd footbridge for one, buy it from the front, walk round to the back and sit by the river. utter chaos.

Old Crusty

Visit site
It was lawful to sell alcohol for consumption off the premises at the time but without seeing the premises plan we can't know if the garden area is included. Different to the 1964 Act, the Licensing act 2003 is concerned with the point of retail sale of alcohol, not where it is consumed.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
It's a ten minute walk from the co-op in Bourne end. Quite a nice walk which takes in a little footbridge bolted to the side of the railway bridge. Nice walks to be had around the bottom of winter hill as well. If you are really brave you can walk up to the golf course!

Surely some people must be noticing how beer from the shop is about 1/3 the price of pub beer...

Old Crusty

Visit site
In the co-op you get a can of lukewarm beer; in a pub you get a warm, friendly atmosphere, smiling service from staff, the bonhomie from the bewhiskered licensee and his charming wife, well-conditioned cask ale, Michelin star quality food, a chair to sit on, sweet smelling lavatories and light entertainment. All this costs more that a can of Tennent's Super.

plumbob

Visit site
In the co-op you get a can of lukewarm beer; in a pub you get a warm, friendly atmosphere, smiling service from staff, the bonhomie from the bewhiskered licensee and his charming wife, well-conditioned cask ale, Michelin star quality food, a chair to sit on, sweet smelling lavatories and light entertainment. All this costs more that a can of Tennent's Super.
And where is this utopian establishment to be found pray tell?? I suspect not the place referred to above.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Bourne end Co-Op actually has quite a good beer fridge. Ok so you won't get draught ales from there but for a third of the price it's got to be worth considering a commercial lager instead. And most of the other people will be outside anyway as discussed previously.

It's a funny pub that one.

Old Crusty

Visit site
The Bounty is a wholly untouched by time and interfering brewers pub with Dickensian bogs but does remind me of pubs in the 1960s. The 'utopian' pub I mentioned rarely exists now but the Trout Inn, Tadpole Bridge does come close.

Please explain what you mean by 'commercial lager' as I am unfamiliar with such a drink. Do you mean that fizzy pop made in giant stainless steel factories in Northampton and Burton? No Reinheitsgebot in those places.