Bored now ?

oldgit

Visit site
Drag and drop those pix.
First time on the Thames . 2005.
swanupping.jpgB1 persuaded me via this forum to come round. Act in Haste,Repent etc :)greathouse.jpg
Moored at Sonning. 2005.
Times were hard then, note the totally underfendered hull of my P33. Totally unprepared for the cut and thrust of the Thames and amazed at all these blokes standing around at every lock basically doing the boaters job, was somebody actually paying them or were they doing it for free ? :)
Found out eventually it was the taxpayer who had not found out yet. . :):):)

Last edited:

Old Crusty

Visit site
I wasn't really standing about, I was doing very important work pushing buttons and drinking tea doncha know!

Old Crusty

Visit site
First missed opportunity to give it a fistful and pitch waterways manager Matt Carter over the stern as I piloted the Wye Torch relay 2012.jpgpatrol boat out of Teddington Lock during the Gloriana Olympic torch relay in 2012. I resisted the temptation in case Phil Green, on the engine covers, had been drinking 'strong tea.'

Last edited:

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
First missed opportunity to give it a fistful and pitch waterways manager Matt Carter over the stern as I piloted the Wye View attachment 87169patrol boat out of Teddington Lock during the Gloriana Olympic torch relay in 2012. I resisted the temptation in case Phil Green, on the engine covers, had been drinking 'strong tea.'
They do go nicely those Robert Ives 29s. I've driven Steve's patrol boats a few times at Henley (SRB moorings). One is an ex Thames Water Authority boat (1976) the other is ex British Waterways.
Same hull and topsides different fittings and engines. The TWA ones had BMC 2.5 the BW ones had Perkins 4.108. Both now repowered with Beta Marine and Solé mitsubishi units.

He did have 3 at one point but sold one out of the fleet which now resides at Marlow just downstream of the castle.

Lovely boats very keen to move.

Last edited:

Old Crusty

Visit site
I had one up on the plane over Caversham Lakes after winter refit taking her back to Caversham boat shed. The wash crested over into the rowing lake!

Chris_d

Visit site
Sorry, being nosy. We used to own a Spirit (Winning Spirit) down on the south coast and was wondering about this one
Hi, yes it's the same one, I've had it since 2005, it was re-engined with diesels in 2003. Think we might have spoken a few years ago.

DougOut

Visit site
Hi, yes it's the same one, I've had it since 2005, it was re-engined with diesels in 2003. Think we might have spoken a few years ago.
Hi Chris. yes indeed we did speak. I saw Winning Spirit on the river a couple of years ago and my family send me photos whenever they see you!
I can't help it, I stare at all Spirits and compare them to Winning Spirit. I've even looked at buying another one powered by twin KAD42s. Unfortunately it's in Italy and the cost of getting it home on top of the upgrades I wanted to do was just too much.
I've now bought a Fairline 33 Targa with twin AD41s which we're keeping at Penton Hook. Since we bought it in January she spent 6 weeks having the sterndrives repaired. When we finally got her round to Chertsey we had sequential storms, then the river became unnavigable. Next we get CoronaVirus and last weekend we took a call to say she was sinking! Whatever next? Zombie apocolypse? Still, we should all be safe, zombies can't swim :)

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
Hi Chris. yes indeed we did speak. I saw Winning Spirit on the river a couple of years ago and my family send me photos whenever they see you!
I can't help it, I stare at all Spirits and compare them to Winning Spirit. I've even looked at buying another one powered by twin KAD42s. Unfortunately it's in Italy and the cost of getting it home on top of the upgrades I wanted to do was just too much.
I've now bought a Fairline 33 Targa with twin AD41s which we're keeping at Penton Hook. Since we bought it in January she spent 6 weeks having the sterndrives repaired. When we finally got her round to Chertsey we had sequential storms, then the river became unnavigable. Next we get CoronaVirus and last weekend we took a call to say she was sinking! Whatever next? Zombie apocolypse? Still, we should all be safe, zombies can't swim :)

So ? What happened ? Presumably the boat sinking, allows you to go fix your property ?
Or did the marina staff, do it for you ?