Bonjour mes Amis

Lt R Tremblaire

Visit site
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Lieutenant Rene Tremblaire, late of the French Navy.
I made a minor contribution to this forum several years ago where I made a number of friends. I particularly recall Monsieur Jimi, Twisting Ken and of course the redoubtable Monsieur Claymore, with whom I spent happy hours here in Binic.
Of course much water has flowed through the Rance since those times and now I am older still but sadly no wiser.
How the times have changed - I follow some of the postings that are in the Scuttlebut - still you talk about anchors which makes me smile.
I still take wine with the old men from the village in the evenings - my beautiful barque, Surcouf still sits to her mooring looking seawards and I am sure, wondering if she and I will ever dance the waves together again.
If any of my old friends are reading this - it would be good to make another connection
A bientot
Rene

sarabande

Visit site
Mon Chere Capitaine

One wishes the bienvenue to a revenant friend, bringing much relief of the comédie Francaise to our suffering Entente Cordiale. The raspberry cordiale, en particulaire, M. Tremblaire. Looking across to the Isle des Hommes from the croissant counter of Carrefour (un croissant, deux croissants, trois...), one remembers the ancient traditions of the race for the single malt when the noble yachts, adorned with the symbolic spinnaker vert, would cruise together like the feared Norsemen of history, bringing joy to the heart of landlords in every port and fear to matriarchs des villages as the festive dances waived the rights of free passage according to the rubric of the omnipotent passeport bleue.

Pray continue to take a little wine for thy stomach's hake and ofttime infirmities, whilst paying tribute for the safe return of an old and respected contributor to the sagesse normande (or Norman Wisdom, as we say).

Blueboatman

Visit site
M Tremblaire , bonjour!
I haven’t had the pleasure of a ‘formal’ introduction . , but I think-didn’t we bump into your fine bateau once out in the Caribbean ?

I am glad that you and she have indeed resurfaced. How the years they do pass!
My Franglais has sunk to new levels, excuse-moi chèr ami pas d’yet connu...
I hope you are thinking of visiting our dessert island sometime soon ??

Ne tremble pas M Tremblait aux actions bien circulaires de nos “politicians“ du Brex, ils ont bien perdus le plot.
Revien, revien!
We shall swap les entents courdials et les entendres doubles..
There will always be a bizou propre for un veritable capitain ici!
Sadly you may have to bring une bouteille, from les caves du vessel Surcouf, vintage! We are anticipating “certain trivial supply problems”, notre camion du vin serait au garage Farage pour quelque temps, tant pis..?
A tout a l’heure, amicable, franglaises apologies,

M. Bleubateau

claymore

Visit site
Rene my old friend. It is really good to hear from you - I have sent you a PM - if you remember, that is a more private means of communication and as you can see, this place still has its scallywags!
LongJohnSadler is sadly no longer with us - not on the forum at least - I heard he had gone to Spain but never a word all these long years. Jimi is still around but neither he nor I spend as much time on here as we used to.
We think we lost a lot of time for this once we had retired!
Yes - If you start a thread that has either CQR, Bruce or Rocna - it is still possible to get >50 responses! I never realised anchoring was so popular!
As you can see from a post above (Blueboatman) there are people still trying to develop their language skills - some quite advanced! Sarabande is still interfering with the Sheep, as you can see. We won't mention Brexit other than to mention it here - it certainly raises temperatures in these parts - almost as much as Covid! I trust you are ageing gracefully - how is Charlotte these days?
fondest Mon Ami

jimi

Visit site
'Allo, 'Allo ..Haw hee haw, eet ees my auld pal Renee. Zee fallen Madonna avec zee beeg boobies sont dans mon anchor locker, when tu ver gone

Je marcherai les yeux fixés sur mes pensées,
Sans rien voir au dehors, sans entendre aucun bruit,
Seul, inconnu, le dos courbé, les mains croisées,
Triste, et le jour pour moi sera comme la nuit.

Je ne regarderai ni l’or du soir qui tombe,
Ni les voiles au loin descendant vers Harfleur

Lt R Tremblaire

Visit site
Jimi - mon cher petit ami - and you are remembering the great Victor Hugo. You do yourself credit with your memories. I also remember that still evening when we were together as guests of the infamous Claymore - I forget the island but we spent the evening bouncing around alongside the jetty - Was it Scalsaig or somesuch little place.
We had drunk in the pub, you went missing for a time then we were united together on the tiny craft of the friend who worked for the big furniture shop with the yellow signs and the meatballs - forgive me my friend, my memory fades as the days pass. I will never forget you reciting a poem by the one you called your favourite author - I managed to write down a verse of your recitement

Smart lad, to slip betimes away
From fields where glory does not stay
And early though the laurel grows
It withers quicker than the rose.

What a man your are Jimi - a true legend. I remember laughing so much it hurt at your impression of your Miss Macarthur, the friend with the ears who we rescued when his gears would not work - is he still around - Shard, I think?
It is so good to hear from you - I look forward to times togethers but when that will be, I cannot tell you
A bientot mon ami
Rene

jimi

Visit site
Ach Renee, I recall the evening well, particularly the evening du chanson culminating in

Il y a une morale dans l'histoire que je raconte,
Si vous le voyez venir, mieux vaut courir comme un enfer.

Neuf mois plus tard, un enfant est né,
Avec deux boules en laiton et une grande corne sanglante.

I vunder if ze landlord de ze maison du craig vill effer forget or forgive?

claymore

Visit site
Steady on Jamesie

Have a care for the sensibilities of our dear old friend

large brass balls indeed:giggle:
He's a better memory than me for all that - I have no recollection of you spouting forth on the Shropshire lad although the bit about you going missing...
Was that to do with your escape through the window of the ladies bogs?