Boatyards on Poros and Aigina

Gypsyjoss

Visit site
Hi Guys

I gather there are 3 yards on Aigina and one opposite Poros.

Anything to like or not like for over-wintering a 10metre yacht? I would prefer a steel frame and need to be allowed to do my own repair work.

Any idea of current prices or deals for new arrivals?

Cheers

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
Recently had price form all 3 of them on Aigina. All roughly the same although Planaco were the most expensive. Make sure their quotes include VAT.

Albiet we are 13.2m the cost were:

Lift out & Lift In, total 615 Euro.
Jet Wash - 123 Euro.
Storage - 221 Euro per Month.

Can live aboard and undertake own work.

Hope it helps.

Albert

Bertramdriver

www.williamsandsmithells.com
Very little chance of overwintering in the water as there are no marinas on either Poros or Aegina, so it would be a haul out ashore. I'm in the Kanonis boatyard at the moment trying to get my passerelle working and recover from an infected foot (I went concrete diving on the slipway)
This is one of the very few boatyards in the Saronics where you can do what you want with your boat as long as you respect those around you. There is a tool shop available for own use and a few skilled boat service guys who will offer advice or just do what you want for surprisingly little money. This is where I removed my fly bridge.
As regards over wintering, I know several guys who have tried but its just too cold in the winter months and the amenities are very basic. Most stay overs either rent an apartment in town or stay in a pension, quite cheaply. There's a relatively stable community of like minded boaters for company.
Jordon will quote you a price if you go to www.kanonisboatyard.gr
Any problems send me a pm

Bertramdriver

www.williamsandsmithells.com
Most books are out of date. There are seven boatyards here., catering for boats of every size and type. However only three own the slipways. Planaco who cater for very large boats and the charter yacht storage, Kanonis who can handle anything up to around thirty tons, and Asprakis (old) who are similar to Kanonis but have a colourful reputation.
The other boatyards use the slip at Kanonis to trolley boats to their yards.
All of the boatyards are in a compact area around 7 kilometres from Souvala and twelve from Egina, the main town.
Facilities are basic but the atmosphere is helpful and supportive .