Boatyards near Athens

catmandoo

The Earth but normally in the place of the high st
Visit site
Boatyard in Aegina

I want to lift my yacht out near Athens, for the winter, Asprakis on Aegena looks ok, has anyone used it?

Go for Kanonis
Jordan Kanonis is a great guy . yard a bit difficult to enter as entrance is narrow and dangerous in a N or NE wind . Best early in the morning

Speaks English .

tel 22970 24151 or 22970 24019 mob 6944 952242 If you get his father ( makes model boats ) doesnt speak English so just ask for Jordan

Reasonable facilities for a boat yard , shower, hot water , electric power , water . lets you work on your own boat . Taxi to Aegina town 5 euros locals very friendly chandler in town , plenty restaurants , Uk papers

Squeaky

Visit site
Good evening:

Check through the previous posts as there was a lot of discusssion concerning this yard and other in Aegina recently.

Think the suggestion was to go to Poros.

Cheers

Squeaky

1bobt

N/A
Visit site
Hi
Good morning

I have not used the yard mentioned. But spent a winter in in Jordon`s yard up against the fence at the side, they are next to each other and I have spoken to people over the fence.
Georgeio the owner was always pleasant on Aegina quay, when selling the yard. However once in thing changed ,prices doubled things that were free now had a price , Lots of rows most days getting near to launch, very un -pleasant to here and to watch.

Jordon`s yard very laid back, do what you want sort of place ,but not very clean .I would go back to ,but never the other!

cheers bobt

John_Parkes

Visit site
I agree with 1 bobt, we hauled out (at Asprakis on recomendation) to replace the engine. What a nightmare! Sour faces, and the final bill was much higher than expected. To crown it off the crazy Frenchman living in the yard turned off the water (and locked the tap) to the dreadful dirty toilets.
John

porth

web.mac.com
Oh yippee! Guess where my boat is? Any wise words about what I should do now? Boat is for sale but currently not any interest, and we are looking at putting her in the water for a holiday next summer. After that no idea. So, do we say nothing and hope for the best or what?!

Visit site
Thanks bobt - the re-launch problem! They've got you over a barrel if the're sharp operators. Same problem in a yard at Fertilia near Alghero in Sardinia.

Yes Jim heard about it first hand when in Castelsardo, huge charges demanded to relaunch etc, a place to avoid.

Melody

www.aegeansailingschool.com
There are three boatyards in Aegina and, just to confuse things, some of them are kind of sub-divided with different people involved in different parts.

We have used Planaco www.planaco.gr/en/ for about 12 years. They are arguably the most professional. We have no complaints and they have proper earthquake-proof concrete and decent cradles. They can also lift out bigger boats.

Kanonis Boatyard is also good and Jordan Kanonis is honest. Our first yacht drew too much for his yard or we would have used him. The yard can get a bit messy and crowded but he's probably a good bet for smaller boats. Part of his property is sub-let I think.

Asprakis? Hmm. We did use that yard the first year and had several complaints. Gregory Asprakis tried to charge us a high daily rate for electricity and water, although we were not living on the yacht or using a lot, and this had not been mentioned initially. He wanted us to do a fiddle with the VAT which we didn't want to do, and he was pretty unhelpful in various other ways. There are two brothers involved with this yard and they don't get on. I think each may run part of the same yard. I couldn't personally recommend Asprakis but I know other people who have used the yard quite happily for many years. I think the secret is to get absolutely everything in writing beforehand...

We can sometimes get better rates from Planaco than someone they don't know (and it does us no harm if they know we are recommending them :)) so send me a PM with your size and the length of stay and I'll ask Mr B to contact them if you want.

Last edited: