Boatyard for overwinter in Evia, Volos, Thessaloniki area

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi Rob, you mention the Dutch under lift trailers, those are the ones that have for big rubber pads I believe,so how different is that to the trailer that demetrius uses at orei
Dimitris does non use an under flt like that, he uses a rather more Greek contraption - Some are good some are bad. The goods ones are full lenght for 40 footer supporting it most of the way to the stern. Dimitris is only partial with the stern being supported by 1 foot square pads. Seeing as the frames of traditional yachts like moody and westerly are a meter apart, they are not too friendly - and bent everything a little coming out - so going in I god the to put scaffold plants there.

Ironically the lightweight benes etc are better on these kind of lifts as they have an egg box like construction.

Some people love the yard, but I think he is a shambles and the brewery is around some where around the corner - he's a good engineer, but my sole job was to reglue my cockpit gratings, they lasted until we were in the water! I redid them my self later and they lasted the season - I wont be going back.
He also is very bad at answering emails or letting you know that he is doing a job - in fact communicatiosn is definitely not his strong point!

It is also a long drive for crew changes to Athens, so not as convenient as further south. However I like Evia Island and if you are short of somewhere, it is perfectly tenable.........

Other threads that may be of interest