Boatyard for overwinter in Evia, Volos, Thessaloniki area

Shaddickp

Visit site
I am looking to move my boat later this year from Aegina to a boatyard somewhere around the Evia channel , either Northern or Southern stretches, the gulf of Volos or even further north around the Thessaloniki area. I wonder if anyone had any recommendations. My boat is an 11m sailboat.
I would also consider east of Thessaloniki, but I haven't come across any info for boatyards in that area.

Shaddickp

Visit site
Many thanks I will send them an email. I tried Argolis at Lavrion but they said they had no spaces. I'm wondering if a few boats will not be put back into the water this season and just left ashore until next year.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I am looking to move my boat later this year from Aegina to a boatyard somewhere around the Evia channel , either Northern or Southern stretches, the gulf of Volos or even further north around the Thessaloniki area. I wonder if anyone had any recommendations. My boat is an 11m sailboat.
I would also consider east of Thessaloniki, but I haven't come across any info for boatyards in that area.
At the top of Evia Island in a town called Orie, there is a good boat yard - though a little bit chaotic..... There is a also one south of Thesoloniki , Mitsoudis Boatyard email Mitsoudis@gmail.com. It very near the Airport. The haul out is on one of those dutch underlift trailers which I wont use - not good for conventionally constructed Yachts such as Moody or Westerly - with Ribs - they were never designed to be lifted - but Benes etc are fine with there internal bonded structure.
Then further East Nea Peramos is Manitsas Marine email sgmanits@otenet.gr - speaks English!

Caladh

Visit site
At the top of Evia Island in a town called Orie, there is a good boat yard - though a little bit chaotic..... There is a also one south of Thesoloniki , Mitsoudis Boatyard email Mitsoudis@gmail.com. It very near the Airport. The haul out is on one of those dutch underlift trailers which I wont use - not good for conventionally constructed Yachts such as Moody or Westerly - with Ribs - they were never designed to be lifted - but Benes etc are fine with there internal bonded structure.
Then further East Nea Peramos is Manitsas Marine email sgmanits@otenet.gr - speaks English!
We hauled out at Nea Paramos some years ago and although basic proved very good. The guy running it was a Greek American and very switched on which made a change in Greece !

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Many thanks Chris, I've emailed them both. So far I've had replies from 3 yards, 2 of which have no space currently as other owners have no plans currently to launch their boats.
I hope you have success. The CA WITH its Captains mate App holds all this info, for what it cost to join it is really worthwhile just for this App, let alone the social side, and polite forums....

There are more further east .

Backwoodsman

Visit site
We hauled out at Nea Paramos some years ago and although basic proved very good. The guy running it was a Greek American and very switched on which made a change in Greece !

Have hauled out at this yard for several seasons now. The facilities ( Shower block) is basic, however , cannot fault the attitude of the staff.

Artic Warrior

Visit site
Hi Rob, you mention the Dutch under lift trailers, those are the ones that have for big rubber pads I believe,so how different is that to the trailer that demetrius uses at orei

Other threads that may be of interest