Boat Storage

Jim Sutcliffe

Visit site
I have recently began using the Thames in the South Stoke area and am Looking for some storage and launch options for a 4m Rib . The boatyards seem expensive which Im struggling to justify against simply launching on a public slipway . That I said I happy to pay a reasonable amount for the added convenience , Flexible on location but South Stoke / Wallingford area would be a preference . Can anyone suggest anything ?
Thanks in Advance Jim

Chris_d

Visit site
I have recently began using the Thames in the South Stoke area and am Looking for some storage and launch options for a 4m Rib . The boatyards seem expensive which Im struggling to justify against simply launching on a public slipway . That I said I happy to pay a reasonable amount for the added convenience , Flexible on location but South Stoke / Wallingford area would be a preference . Can anyone suggest anything ?
Thanks in Advance Jim
Theres at least 3 free slipways on that reach, but no others I can think if that aren't attached to a boat yard. Might be easier to upgrade to a boat that can be left in the water, there are quite a few cheap bankside moorings.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Opposite the lower part of Byron's old place Ashmount springs to mind.

Or going back further let's say opposite the old Saunders site. Basically the Moulsford side below where the houses are downstream of the Beetle and Wedge.

I've never actually stopped there but I think you could probably get a good deal from land owner if you left a boat there.

Chris_d

Visit site
The field between Moulsford prep school and the railway bridge is cheap bankside moorings, owned by a farmer Byron used to know,I've no idea the contact number unfortunately.

ThamesTiger

Visit site
Many thanks, I will look into all of these. Incidentally, does anyone have the contact details for the new owners of Ashmount (PM me)? Are you aware of anything near Benson?