Boat starter batteries recommendations

fishfoxey

Visit site
Finally managed to get up to check my boat , wouldn't start so checked the starter battery voltages and only show 1.6v (so pretty Us I think). Has anyone got any recommendations for A) Good UK suppliers) and B) Best value for money, as I have to replace 2 so cost will be a major factor. Thanks

Fishtigua

Visit site
They are very nice, but they are £300 quid each, and you might need a different charger for AGM.
Most modern chargers are smart and can be switched to AGM. If I get 10 years from a battery, that's a win for me. Hate lugging Bats up and down marinas, was an Exide dealer for a long while.

[2068]

Visit site
Most modern chargers are smart and can be switched to AGM. If I get 10 years from a battery, that's a win for me. Hate lugging Bats up and down marinas, was an Exide dealer for a long while.

I hate failing batteries too, but the last batch of batteries lasted 5 years, and that's good enough for me.
Not all boats have smart battery chargers (mine does, but many older boats don't).

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
I'd suggest to check the engine CCA requirements, then select a known brand that exceed (or meet) that amount of AMPs, fits the space and has right type and position of connectors.

Longer longer warranty offering can be seen as a manufacturer's trust in own product quality but the best way to help a battery life indeed is a proper charging regime, by engine and/or charger.

Weight is an interesting factor to compare within same technologies. More is better, as a rule. ;)

Last edited: