boat refurb thread . Four Winns 235 vista

fred247

Visit site
A few american boats are fitted with removable stand pipes for the fuel, at the bottom of the pipe is a small brass filter, this may need a good clean. Best do this if changing fuel in the tank

Dodgy Diver

Visit site
A few american boats are fitted with removable stand pipes for the fuel, at the bottom of the pipe is a small brass filter, this may need a good clean. Best do this if changing fuel in the tank
I have not found any such devices , there is a breather on the back of the boat I have cleaned as it was fully clogged with gunk , but thats all so far
thanks

Dodgy Diver

Visit site
Ref to the engine bay blower. I have a new one on order as old one looks crappy. Should I aim the intake suction duct towards the lowest point in the engine bay ? Thanks

Dodgy Diver

Visit site
the sender is out but access is only via the aft bed floor . I have just ordered a 12v fuel transfer pump , will be here tomorrow . thanks

fred247

Visit site
the sender is out but access is only via the aft bed floor . I have just ordered a 12v fuel transfer pump , will be here tomorrow . thanks
12v pumps should not be used with gasoline, there not ignition protected thats why I said us a manual pump. with the sender out you can use a bigger diameter pipe, because it's in the cabin great care should be exercised, that's why I emphasised fumes!!!

Dodgy Diver

Visit site
It’s a specific fuel transfer pump. With a 10 meter hose and self priming. The pump will be outside the boat. So all is safe.

Dodgy Diver

Visit site
so all fuel removed with out going bang today , installed a new fuel sender unit that works well , put 20l of fuel in , ill get another 20l tomorrow

installed a new bilge blower and ducting also so happy with those Jobs done

new carb should be here this week and with the new fuel filters hopefully aim for a start up next weekend