"Boat licensing plan to cut migrant traffic."

Slowboat35

Visit site
When the illegal immigration we're suffering from is almost entirely based on rubber dinghys...

Does the gumment really imagine it's feasable to compulsorily licence or record the sales (inc. secondhand) of all rubber boats?

That utterly nuts! It's as practical as licencing bicycles or blimmin cats!

Birdseye

Visit site
Is it for "leaky borders" or to raise more taxes???
Neither. Its a non boating civil servants wet dream. Doesnt matter that it cant work / wont work, he / she /it has been asked for a solution to a minor problem and has come up with a typical civil service idea. Given the millions of unliceneced acras on our roads not to mention the millions of illegals and all the untraced frauds etc, it does look likely that HMG could enforce this doesnt it?

Stemar

Visit site
Do you think it's not happening and the National Crime Agency are telling lies?
NCA issues warning to maritime industry over organised crime links to small boats
I was referring to the idea of a RIB fitting in a suitcase, and the generally poor accuracy of newspapers. I'm well aware of the problems of people trafficking and the use of small, often dangerously inadequate boats. I've every sympathy for the poor sods who are lead to believe the streets here are paved with gold and everyone's given a house and money on arrival, so they hock themselves to a criminal, but would have no objection at all to "creative" solutions being found to stop traffickers.

oldgit

Visit site
the poor sods who are led to believe the streets here are paved with gold and everyone's given a house and money on arrival,
Where on earth would that have come from ?
Obviously all those free copies of the Mail and the Express, once found on the seat of your flight to the "Sun" complete with click bait articles , are now being sent to the beaches of Calais and Boulogne ?

Last edited:

Stemar

Visit site
Where on earth would that have come from ?
The traffickers who are drumming up business.

Sometimes it's "only" tell 'm how wonderful everything is in the UK and we can get you there for only $20,000. You'll make that in a couple of months. Putting them into a dodgy inflatable at Calais and pointing them north is only the last part of the journey.

Other times it's a guaranteed job modelling or whatever. That turns out to be the kind of modelling I used to see advertised in phone boxes - with no pay because you owe us money and don't even think of running because we know where your family live and you wouldn't want them to have any trouble, would you?