Boat and engine info please

bryanandwendy

Visit site
Hi all,
After two years of searching, we have finally found the boat to take us around the world. She's a 43' WEST system baoat, yawl rigged with large doghouse, heavy displacement at 32,000 lbs. She was built in 1989 and is one of only two built by Woof boats Ltd of Exeter, and marketted by Oceanflite Ltd, both of whom appear to have now ceased to exist. She is called a 'Seachange 43'. and is in marvellous condition, with rugged yet high quality construction. Super boat.
Now onto the questions!
I'm interested to find out more about Woof boats- anybody got any info?
She has a Ford Lancing 2720 diesel, with around 1,000 hours, and a Hurst gearbox. I have no experience of either, can anybody give me any guidance on reliability/problems and spares availability for engine and transmission, Am I right that Hurst are now part of ZF!
Thanks in advance
B&W

dickh

Visit site
For the engine try Lancing Marine - they have a website - it certainly sounds like one of their conversions. Yes - Hurth is now part of ZF - based in UK - very friendly with info etc and spares etc, but ASAP Supplies are usually cheaper(and appear to be ok) - sorry can't remember the address but google should find them.

Aquababe

Visit site
Seachange 43

Hi Bryan and Wendy, did you buy your seachange? We've bought one and wonder if she's the same. Looking to find out more about them, how many built etc and any other information you may have. Thanks

Bobobolinsky

Visit site
Ford sixes are bullet proof in displacement craft. 120 hp. The engines are still manufactured in Turkey, India and Brazil, so spares are no problem anywhere in the world and a quarter the price of VP. Engines were fitted in tractors, forklifts, trucks. In the US, UPS standardised their delivery fleet with that engine. You didn't say which of the 2720 range it is, but most engine parts are the same accross the range. Could be a Dorset or Dover engine at that age

Forever building

Visit site
Hi all,
After two years of searching, we have finally found the boat to take us around the world. She's a 43' WEST system baoat, yawl rigged with large doghouse, heavy displacement at 32,000 lbs. She was built in 1989 and is one of only two built by Woof boats Ltd of Exeter, and marketted by Oceanflite Ltd, both of whom appear to have now ceased to exist. She is called a 'Seachange 43'. and is in marvellous condition, with rugged yet high quality construction. Super boat.
Now onto the questions!
I'm interested to find out more about Woof boats- anybody got any info?
She has a Ford Lancing 2720 diesel, with around 1,000 hours, and a Hurst gearbox. I have no experience of either, can anybody give me any guidance on reliability/problems and spares availability for engine and transmission, Am I right that Hurst are now part of ZF!
Thanks in advance
B&W

Hi bryan and Wendy

I have just come across your thread and I can tell you quite a bit about the Seachange 43
They were designed by Julian Everitt and david Dry
2 where made
I own the first one which is GRP and is undergoing a complete refit due completion this summer.
the second is west systema nd cedar strip and is called Sowelo and was sold by fox of ipswich last year

i have a full picture history of by boat to record the refit.

piclod

Visit site
Hi bryan and Wendy

I have just come across your thread and I can tell you quite a bit about the Seachange 43
They were designed by Julian Everitt and david Dry
2 where made
I own the first one which is GRP and is undergoing a complete refit due completion this summer.
the second is west systema nd cedar strip and is called Sowelo and was sold by fox of ipswich last year

i have a full picture history of by boat to record the refit.

Hi,
That's a long shot, but I'd love information about your boat, as I am looking at buying one that seems quite identical...
Do you still own it?
Cheers,
Pierre

mutzy

Visit site
Hi,
That's a long shot, but I'd love information about your boat, as I am looking at buying one that seems quite identical...
Do you still own it?
Cheers,
Pierre
Hi Pierre,
Can we discuss the boat, I am interested, I have heard about the problems you had, this might be an easy way out without too many heartaches ?

piclod

Visit site
Hi Pierre,
Can we discuss the boat, I am interested, I have heard about the problems you had, this might be an easy way out without too many heartaches ?
Hi Mutzy,
I'm happy to discuss. Not sure how I can send a private message...

mutzy

Visit site
Hi Pierre, I think we need to post a certain amount of times. I have had a look at the vessel from the outside and noticed that window was left open just in case you have a number you can call someone and ask them to close it before rain does any damage.

piclod

Visit site
Hi Pierre, I think we need to post a certain amount of times. I have had a look at the vessel from the outside and noticed that window was left open just in case you have a number you can call someone and ask them to close it before rain does any damage.
Hi Mutzy,
I can be found here:

Last edited: