Bjarne Aas 45ft - anyone with info?

antsails

Visit site
Hi all!

I'm interested in buying a Bjarne Aas designed and built 45 footer (from 1960 I believe), absolutley beautiful lines and what appears to be an extremely solid Mahogany on Oak hull. Originally built to an order from Caspar Brockman (of the Continental Hotel family) for a fast cruiser/racer. I am hoping to gleen as much information about Caroline, and/or Bjarne Aas and his boats, as possible. Can anyone out there help me??

Huge thanks in advance!

Anthony

Finnbar

Visit site
Aas designs

Hi Anthony,

We are the proud owners of a beautiful 52ft bermudan sloop called Snipe1V by Aas. She is a real head turner and a wonderful cruiser/racer. Sails very well, immensely fast, also manages to be a wonderful home to us in the summer. We compete in a lot of the classic regattas in the med, currently moored in Barcelona.
Go for it,

Kate

antsails

Visit site
Thanks for your post Kate. We had a look at Snipe IV.......beautiful! We have that ideal in our heads! The boat we are looking at requires some TLC and we haven't much experience with the wooden 'classics' so we are a little bit tentative at the moment. :confused:
But it's great to hear that you are so happy with Snipe, very encouraging for us!!

Anthony