Bishop Skinner have not sent renewal notice, not answering phone

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
The insurance (3rd party) for Avy-J expired yesterday. Bishop Skinner have not sent a renewal notice or given me any way to renew. They will not answer the phone on any numbers I have tried.

Has anyone else had this issue?

- W

Yngmar

Visit site
Perhaps just lockdown related. Have you seen this? There's contact details on there: Covid 19 - Important Information

Seen lots of problems like that during lockdown, as many companies struggle getting their phone numbers redirected to people working from home. Or the people aren't working as they should :LOL:

coopec

N/A
Visit site
COVID-19

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Bishop Skinner office is currently closed,
But we are still here to help you. Please click below for information regarding contacting the Bishop Skinner Team.

Bishop Skinner

coopec

N/A
Visit site
If you are renewing your policy

If you want to renew your boat insurance policy, please check your renewal invite as it may be possible to do so online. If this is an option, you will see the 'log in' option on your renewal invite.

Alternatively, you also have the option to pay your renewal by bank transfer, using the bank details provided in your renewal invoice. When doing this please ensure you quote your client reference number. We will endeavour to confirm renewal of your policy as quickly as possible following your payment.

For the time being, please do not send cheques as our offices are unoccupied.

If in doubt, please email insurance@bishopskinner.com and request a call back. If your query is urgent you can contact us on 0800 783 8057.

Praxinoscope

Visit site
My boat is insured through Bishop Skinner and I contacted them at the end of April to clarify a situation where our lift in had been cancelled, and received a rapid response from them after emailing them as their website suggested.
SWMBO is waiting for her car insurance renewal documents from our local insurance broker, so maybe this is a generic problem with insurance at the moment, with staff working from home and having limited access to the full office facilities and records?

pvb

Visit site
If you are renewing your policy

If you want to renew your boat insurance policy, please check your renewal invite as it may be possible to do so online. If this is an option, you will see the 'log in' option on your renewal invite.

Alternatively, you also have the option to pay your renewal by bank transfer, using the bank details provided in your renewal invoice. When doing this please ensure you quote your client reference number. We will endeavour to confirm renewal of your policy as quickly as possible following your payment.

For the time being, please do not send cheques as our offices are unoccupied.

If in doubt, please email insurance@bishopskinner.com and request a call back. If your query is urgent you can contact us on 0800 783 8057.

Did you notice the bit in the OP saying "Bishop Skinner have not sent a renewal notice or given me any way to renew."?

stav

Visit site
My renewal notice was by email, so I guess it could have ended up in the trash folder? Just a thought for other people?

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
We renewed during lockdown. Including updating the information on a current survey, getting the new survey approved by the underwriters and paying the premium to take the boat from it's temporary 'third party only status'. The chap I spoke to was working from home and very helpful.