Bilge Keel Repair Essex

boatman2020

Visit site
Hello,

I have some keel damage to my Hunter Legend 36 bilge keel and need to get some quotes for repair. I am based on the River Blackwater so anything that is local to Essex. The boat is around 6.5 tons so needs a boat yard that can lift that weight and has the equipment.

Many thanks.

tillergirl

Visit site
Either Peter Clarke's or West Mersea Marine at West Mersea could do that. Peter Clarke's slip you by cradle, WMM crane out.

Peter Clarke's Boatyard | West Mersea
West Mersea Marine – West Mersea Marine has served local yachtsmen and women for decades

I am sure either would find a mooring temporarily by either or you could put the boat on the hard on one tide so they could look at it (always assuming you can 'use' your bilge keels).

A typical 'lift' by Peter Clarke's

P1040190 by Roger Gaspar, on Flickr

boatman2020

Visit site
Many thanks for all the suggestions. I have been trying to get through to Robert but no luck so far. I will try some of the others as well.

James W

Visit site
Many thanks for all the suggestions. I have been trying to get through to Robert but no luck so far. I will try some of the others as well.
Rob trades under the name Brookland Marine at Fambridge Yacht Haven. He’s done some great work for me and used to work for British Hunter I believe. A lovely guy and definitely worth a chat if you can get hold of him. Try WhatsApp as he’s always super busy.

boatman2020

Visit site
I got to speak to Rob who was very helpful but unfortunately he is fully booked till after Easter but he has put me in touch with someone else who is currently arranging a quote. I have also managed to get a quote from Tollesbury Maria who were also very helpful.