Bike prep for Saturday

rafiki_

Visit site
Apologies if this is teaching Grandmothers, but a few things to check on the bike before Saturday.

Check tyre pressures. I would suggest 65 psi for a mountain bike, 110 psi for a road bike
Lubricate chain
Check gear indexing
Check head set
Check saddle clamp tight
Check saddle or other bag fitted correctly
Pack spare inner tube, check it is the right size
Check helmet straps and buckles
Check water bottle mounts (would suggest you carry 2 on Saturday)
Pack electrolyte tablets or sachets for refilling bottles
Pack PowerBars or equivelent

oGaryo

Visit site
Good advice Paul.. the first two pubs have also agreed to stock up on energy bars and drinks so you don't have to lug loads from the start, just take some cash to buy along the route.. I am dropping in to them again on Friday to absolutely confirm they followed up on that commitment. I'll confirm in this thread either way.

cheers Gary

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
The bike went into the shop on Tuesday as I knew the chain was at the end of its life. It came out with a new chain, cassette, front chain rings, crank arms, bottom bracket, and front brake blocks. Runs like a new bike now. So the bike prep now is limitted to - don't mess with anything!

z1ppy

Visit site
good work Paul, wish i could be with you tomorrow but sadly i have plenty on in the office tomorrow to keep me away.

did wash the bike tonight and check everything, packed the van bag also!

P4Paul

Visit site
Had taken today off as holiday to sort out the bikes but work remains off the scale so I am heading into the office, fingers crossed I can get away at a sensible time.

Thanks Trevor for helping Kerry and myself out with transport, it is hugely appreciated.