Big day at Watchet

graham

Visit site
I can understand ybw not allowing commercial advertising but the progress at Watchet is of great interest to Bristol Channel boat people.

Maybe any of us without a commercial interest in the marina can post up pictures and progress reports after we visit.

PCUK

Visit site
How can something as important as the restoration of one of the most popular destinations in the Bristol Channel be considered to be advertising. Come on admin', put yours brains into gear and reverse this stupid ban!

WoodyP

Visit site
So if I asked a question about Watchet, anybody but the person who actually knows can answer?. I can think of several posters who have commercial boat based businesses who often answer and post interesting and informative posts. I can't see the difference

Sneds

Visit site
What are YBW thinking of, the most interesting posts on the forum are here from you about Watchet
Disgusted with YBW, this stinks!

Forum Admin Team

Administrator
www.flamewarriorsguide.com
We do not discuss private communications between admin/moderators and users.

However, in this and similar instances advise is issued in regard to what is acceptable for commercial organizations to post.

The previous contributions in this thread remaining indicate they were not problematic.

Gwylan

Visit site
We do not discuss private communications between admin/moderators and users.

However, in this and similar instances advise is issued in regard to what is acceptable for commercial organizations to post.

The previous contributions in this thread remaining indicate they were not problematic.

It's "advice" not "advise" .

As others have remarked, for reasons of safety and as a possible port of refuge, Watchet is of significant importance to sailors in the Bristol Channel.
Anyone with an interest in the port
and their commercial offer can find details in several other places.

Your moderating efforts might be better applied to the squabbling and short tempered exchanges that infect other parts of this medium.

[176470]

Visit site
All. Thank you for your posts. I have consulted internally within The Marine Group and we are okay to continue updates. My understanding from the emails with the administrators is broadly that we can respond to questions (Watchet and I guess other locations) but we cannot start a thread or post anything unilaterally. If we do this it is advertising. For this reason the thread I created with Watchet updates was deleted by the moderators. Confused? I was.

Well the way forward is that another forum member needs to start a thread titled Watchet Updates…and then, assuming a question is asked, I can respond…and post pictures (e.g. of dredging). I hope this helps.

penfold

Visit site
Summon him with a quote! What news of dredging progress, good sir?
Well the way forward is that another forum member needs to start a thread titled Watchet Updates…and then, assuming a question is asked, I can respond…and post pictures (e.g. of dredging). I hope this helps.