Big day at Watchet

[176470]

Visit site
Technical trials update. After three tidal cycles the dredge area near the harbour entrance is starting to become clear. The channels and foregrounds have been reduced in level by a little over half a metre and are now well below the impound level (when the gate is in the up position). We will keep you updated. The team are doing great work.

Watchet - 3 tide dredge.jpg

[176470]

Visit site
The dredging plan is progressing with sediments behaving as expected. We have concentrated on the entrance area. The gate is not yet operational. However here are two pictures taken last Wednesday with the water at "impound level" reflecting the view as it would be with the gate in the closed position.

Watchet - Impound 2 (Weds 12 May).jpg Watchet - Impound 1 (Weds 12 May).jpg

Allan

Visit site
Great work! It would be interesting to see "before and after" shots of the marina at low water, obviously only until the gate is working!

Does the work in the inner basin have an effect on the relatively newly dredged outer harbour?
Allan

[176470]

Visit site
There were plenty of welcome visitors in Watchet this weekend. CMS Innovation resumes her dredging work at Watchet tomorrow after a weekend away working around Hinkley. Still plenty of work to do!

193261955_4101934923199098_6175859105164569820_n.jpg

[176470]

Visit site
All...I have been advised by the YBW forum administrators that we cannot post as it is infringing advertising rules. My view is that we are responding to general interest in Watchet (and further afield) and not advertising. I will in future therefore no longer post here but would point out we regularly provide updates on our website and Facebook for all locations. Bye.

TwoHooter

Visit site
I can understand the general rule about advertising but I don't think the mods have got it quite right this time.
For Bristol Channel sailors the updates on Watchet are of great interest.
If the mods read this I request that Chris be allowed to post actual news about the dredging including photos.
Alternatively, a private forum member might be able to gather information on dredging activities and post it here as news?
There's not much else going on in the Bristol Channel judging by the paucity of threads in this forum.