Big day at Watchet

PCUK

Visit site
Locals, boat owners and various officials gathered at the marine on Thursday to welcome the Marine Group following their April 1st take-over. It is the 20 year anniversary of the opening of the marina and hopefully heralds a new and much brighter future for all involved. It's given me the impetus to finish my latest project and get her back down there!

Birdseye

Visit site
Dont want to be negative but the silting isnt about ownership but design. And the marina is not big enough IMO to be able to carry the cost of the high level of regular dredging necessary to keep it reasonably clear. And thats before you look at the high cost of harbopur walls, sill etc

Lets hope that I am wrong

38mess

Visit site
Dont want to be negative but the silting isnt about ownership but design. And the marina is not big enough IMO to be able to carry the cost of the high level of regular dredging necessary to keep it reasonably clear. And thats before you look at the high cost of harbopur walls, sill etc

I think every three months was mentioned, I could be wrong tho.

PCUK

Visit site

Once the marina is full, (and it has never been filled to capacity as there was not the call for the additional pontoons that are ready to be installed when required) there will be more than enough income to cover dredging costs, especially as the new owners are masters of dredging!

muppetdodger1

Visit site
Thats a very good webcam, as far as webcams go which are usually awful to say the least. Is that a dredger near the esplanade in front of the big boat. I'd heard they are testing this week, it may even have been starting today.

Snoopy463

Visit site
Thats a very good webcam, as far as webcams go which are usually awful to say the least. Is that a dredger near the esplanade in front of the big boat. I'd heard they are testing this week, it may even have been starting today.
That blue contraption is the old dredger that didn’t work. The dispersal dredger is orange and looks like a small angling boat.