Best sub 10m hardtop cabin boat in rough seas?

BruceK

Visit site
It is 28 foot. I wouldnt call it a flybridge, more of an external helm. Very capable boat and the pictures do her no justice. She is quite large for her length. I was enormously impressed by her stability in bumpy water. A bit like a brick in sand. Try kicking that over.

K1629rr.jpg

Sjl0pmh.jpg

pTZxQ2U.jpg

Gearoidc123

Visit site
Well then if you're just want a hardtop and sold on the RIB concept there are plenty with both hard top and pilot house. couple here within that budget range Rib Boats & Inflatables For Sale | FAFB
I never seen a rib with an actual cabin until I saw the redbay 1450 on aquaholics channel, usually they are just a few seats inside a cab and not much room outside. I want to go away from the tube style and try for few sharks and not be worried bout the feckers having a meal of them

BruceK

Visit site
I never seen a rib with an actual cabin until I saw the redbay 1450 on aquaholics channel, usually they are just a few seats inside a cab and not much room outside. I want to go away from the tube style and try for few sharks and not be worried bout the feckers having a meal of them

Well the 285 above would be ideal with walk around decks if you can find one. But then, I manage sharking perfectly fine from a sports cruiser and where as it's the Irish sea and fairly sheltered we go out up to BF9 and get along just fine

b3wCZnl.jpg

bit bouncy at displacement speed but once you wind the motors up... (both vids taken on the same day on the same transit just uploaded seperately - BF8 gusting 9)

gordmac

Visit site
It is 28 foot. I wouldnt call it a flybridge, more of an external helm. Very capable boat and the pictures do her no justice. She is quite large for her length. I was enormously impressed by her stability in bumpy water. A bit like a brick in sand. Try kicking that over.

K1629rr.jpg

Sjl0pmh.jpg

pTZxQ2U.jpg
One of those was on my list when I was looking. The one for sale at the time was well over the budget given by the op. And well above mine, happy with the Botnia Tarfish I ended up with.

Bandit

Visit site
Older boats ?
I would say fast boats think Botnia Targa 31 or Sargo.
Older slower boats : Halmatic 34, Channel Island 32, Mitchel 31, Aquastars My preferred would be slightly larger 38.
All depends on your budget and speed requirements .

DrSpock

Visit site
I agree, incredible amount of space a accommodation for a 32ft boat. A mix of a design that hasn't aged as much as some boat but also quite old fashioned in places - particularly the interior. Very cleverly designed.

They're not really 32' - more like 36' chargeable on a berth.

Aside from having to duck down and use a ladder to get into the cabin which becomes tedious they're great boats but need a lot of looking after.

For £50k I would consider a Beneteau Barracuda 8. If you're coming from a rib you're not going to like the sedate performance of a single shaft driven boat like a Nimbus.

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
Another boat that is very highly regarded in the commercial and fishing groups is the Chetah catamaran. But they are very highly sought after and go for silly money for what they are.

Power Catamarans. Leading Design and Construction | Cheetah Marine LLP

Cheetah Boats for Sale | FAFB

Nice. Probably a handful to trailer and handle for one person, if that is a desire..
Our marine berths are between poles, paid by the area they cover. Cat's do take extra width so if any berths are available at all, they are pricey.