Best sub 10m hardtop cabin boat in rough seas?

Gearoidc123

Visit site
I’m looking at changing from rib to cabin boat like the Rodman 900 or something like that but don’t want to lose the comfort knowing that it can handle fairly choppy conditions. I’m looking at something below 50k just don’t want to go spending that much on something that can only use maybe 2 weeks in the year.

gordmac

Visit site
Sadly, in the present market £50k is not likely to get you something like a Rodman or anything about that size. Maybe a bit more detail on what you want eg performance, shaft outdrive or outboard? No of people aboard?

BruceK

Visit site
I’m looking at changing from rib to cabin boat like the Rodman 900 or something like that but don’t want to lose the comfort knowing that it can handle fairly choppy conditions. I’m looking at something below 50k just don’t want to go spending that much on something that can only use maybe 2 weeks in the year.

I think you may be surprised at what can handle what you'd consider choppy conditions. Whereas it's true RIB punch well above their weight, they are most certainly not the last word, far from it.

Gearoidc123

Visit site
Sadly, in the present market £50k is not likely to get you something like a Rodman or anything about that size. Maybe a bit more detail on what you want eg performance, shaft outdrive or outboard? No of people aboard?
Performance not a big deal but would have to be diesel and 2-4 people

Gearoidc123

Visit site
I think you may be surprised at what can handle what you'd consider choppy conditions. Whereas it's true RIB punch well above their weight, they are most certainly not the last word, far from it.
Well considering the open west coast of Ireland, spent the night on the Aran islands woke up to near storm force and still felt confident to travel the 8-9 miles back to mainland in the rib now we got wet and thrown around but neverfelt the need to get a new pair of underpants

BruceK

Visit site
Well considering the open west coast of Ireland, spent the night on the Aran islands woke up to near storm force and still felt confident to travel the 8-9 miles back to mainland in the rib now we got wet and thrown around but neverfelt the need to get a new pair of underpants

Well then if you're just want a hardtop and sold on the RIB concept there are plenty with both hard top and pilot house. couple here within that budget range Rib Boats & Inflatables For Sale | FAFB

FirstMate II

Visit site
Beneteau Antares760 or similar . Great boat for the west coast . Had one for a good few years and it covered a lot of the westcoast . J

Farmer Piles

Visit site
I agree, incredible amount of space a accommodation for a 32ft boat. A mix of a design that hasn't aged as much as some boat but also quite old fashioned in places - particularly the interior. Very cleverly designed.

Hot Property

Visit site
Good choice.

I’d also look at an Aquastar 32 and a Channel Islands 32. And a Corvette 32, superheat6k has just put his up for sale. Not sure what he’s asking, but certainly worth a look, bound to be in great condition. Maybe send him a PM.

Think Trevor has his boat under offer already......

ashtead

Visit site
I think a Nimbus is a good shout compared to a beneteau -we were next to a small bendy for sale in Lymington and it looked quite rolly even attached to the yacht haven pontoon -aquapar might be out of budget I guess but clearly aimed at maturing RIB owners .

colhel

Visit site
We've got a Nimbus 3003 which we've been out in fairly choppy conditions, around Portland for instance. I think trying to describe how comfortable she is in those conditions is quite difficult. We stay dry and warm, we have to be careful not spill our coffee but helming when you have to react to the waves can be hard work, which makes an uncomfortable trip as you're constantly alert. I don't no weather a decent autohelm would cope on 30 footer, but as keen as I am to promote my own boat model, I think there's a lot more too it.
Not mine btw..... 1989 Nimbus 3003, Southampton Hampshire - boats.com

BruceK

Visit site
Viking Marin 285 is a solid contender if you can find one

1.jpg